GS :-) newbie..

phy5ic5

5 years riding and close to 40,000 miles of 600cc and 1000cc jap sports bikes... enough is enough... So after chasing GS's about on various tours (and having fun keeping up despite 50bhp extra) got a 1200GS this weekend.

Not a clue what's in store for me, but looking forward to a completely different biking experience. Pipe and slippers are on the Christmas list I'm told.

Hope to meet some of you guys once I've reworked the GSXR1000 riding style into something close to reasonable on the new GS...

phizz.

Hi Phizz...welcome aboard, and good decision :thumb

I've taken your thread to this section as it's where newbs can introduce themselves without getting ripped apart by some or dribbled over and groomed by others......

Look forwards to meeting you at some of the meets next year :thumb

cheers

Bill

Welcome to the site phy5ic5.

My last bike was a 1100 jap machine. I have had my 1200 for 6 months now and love it. :D I ride it in all weather, never did that with the Yamaha.

North

2nd step !

Go outside right now and throw your wallet away, as far as you can, don't even look in it, the little cash you lose will be as a drop in the ocean unless you take this vital second step !!

Although I suspect i'm already too late .................welcome anyway !

Welcome

Welome Phy5ic5,
One of the first big meets is on Exmoor next year, so not too far for you to go and meet a few GSer's (The other half will be in Wales - clash of dates :( )

There are a fair few Jap bike converts here, me one of em.

Piggers

Hello and welcome... :thumb

I was going to say well done for getting rid of the plastic toys,but I see that you`ve got a 1200GS...... :D :p :p

Heh,heh,hope you enjoy being here .... and your new bike... :clap

Welcome, like you, been riding Jap bikes for a few years now, 600's, thou's, and currently Gixer750 K4, and thoroughly enjoyed them too. Don't know about the pipe and slippers bit, although God knows I'm old enough for them, but just got fed up having to thrash the bike everywhere to enjoy it. So, keeping the 750 for the track, and looking forward to picking up my 1200GS in a couple of weeks. Enjoy your bike :thumb

John

Welcome aboard phy5ic5. I hope you enjoy your bike and the forum. Look forward to seeing you about next year.

Oh and JDH when are you getting your bike? Did you get things sorted with your dealer?

Cheers

Hi HD, yep, got things sorted with my dealer, basically he was offering me a paltry amount for my mint K4750, so have decided to hang onto it for a while, would like to have it as a track bike (subject to agreement from SWMBO :eek: ). Dealer has said bike will be in the country by 26 November, so I'll take it as soon as they have it ready. Looking forward to it, although the forecast is looking sh*te, salt-covered roads and all that.

John

Hi and welcome

Cut up the credit card now!

Had a couple of these "burn your wallett NOW" sort of warnings.. but I'm not financially equipped to keep up with the Joneses..

This bike has to last me a few years, or stay smart so I can sell it again ok.. to those aims it'll get front mudguard extended down... might try DIY if I can get it to look really good.. Need to look at keeping the crap under controll at the rear too....

Other than that it's gonna be well looked after and well ridden.

phy5ic5 said:
5 years riding and close to 40,000 miles of 600cc and 1000cc jap sports bikes... enough is enough... So after chasing GS's about on various tours (and having fun keeping up despite 50bhp extra) got a 1200GS this weekend.

Not a clue what's in store for me, but looking forward to a completely different biking experience. Pipe and slippers are on the Christmas list I'm told.

Hope to meet some of you guys once I've reworked the GSXR1000 riding style into something close to reasonable on the new GS...

phizz.

Phizz....we're t'other side of Cullompton, if you're ever really desperate and want to meet up...Jaq and Bilks..... :bounce1

Same thing. If you're ever up in Taunton feel free to look us up!

If you want a hand with any DIY give me a shout!

Andy & Paula

Welcome,
keep away from Tiverton :eek i've a couple of mates there...they're all mad.
:D
Og.

Back
Top Bottom