Off-road schools?

dave_h

A couple of us are looking for a couple of dates in the calender to do some off-roading this year (After many a year lay -off i need the practice)
Are there any in the south that anyone can recommend?
At the moment its either BMW or the Yamaha off-roading scool which i believe is based in Wales.(Anybody experienced the Yam?)

The good lady wife is also interested but would not have had her licence a year so i am also having to bear this in mind.

Any recommendations?

:beerjug:

Off road schools

I can thoroughly recommend the KTM Off Road School, based just over the Tamar bridge in Cornwall.
It is run by a chap called Jeff Philp, they cater for a range of riders from 1st-timers to very experienced and run weekend events. KTM School
I have done several weekends down there; each time taking some friends - all of whom have had a great time & become 'returnees' themselves.
Check them out!

Re: Off road schools

ralphy said:
I can thoroughly recommend the KTM Off Road School, based just over the Tamar bridge in Cornwall.
It is run by a chap called Jeff Philp, they cater for a range of riders from 1st-timers to very experienced and run weekend events. KTM School
I have done several weekends down there; each time taking some friends - all of whom have had a great time & become 'returnees' themselves.
Check them out!

Looks good mate, nice part of the country too!!

I will check it out.

:beerjug:

the yamaha off road exp is very good
have been twice and going again, they realy do look after you and gear the whole day up to your ability or non ability whichever is the case.

CAS Honda do things at various sites. Nearest to you would be Matchams Park, near Ringwood. Try the local brew while you're there. Ringwood :- Best
49er
Old Thumper
4X Porter
Inn on the Furlong.
Lovely :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

bmw school

loved the bmw school in wales great fun learned alot you be split into groups over the weekend beginners intermedates and loonies so copes with different abilaties but bookes up fast well worth money or just go on a gs club run

cheers nobby the courier

If you're interested in the BMW course, here's a photo reportage.

The link brings you to my daily blog with 2 photos. There, if you're interested, there's another link which brings you to several (200) photos......(I hope you're not on a dialup)

BMW Offroad skills course

Why not try DIRTY TRIX. If you would like to do something less formal but with all the content. I run a one day course that covers all the basics (based in Hertfordshire). I am an ex-South African off-road champion and some of the members will know me from the Sawbridgeworth BMW contingent that went on the BMW Course in September.

I offer one-to-one training and also cater for small groups. (2-6 people at £99 each). I can be contacted on 07932-602372 if you require further information.

Regards

David Halsall

Dave Halsall said:
I am an ex-South African off-road champion and some of the members will know me from the Sawbridgeworth BMW contingent that went on the BMW Course in September.

David Halsall

On the course there were a few runs up the 'big hill' which were completed on one wheel. Only Dave's was intentional and under total control!!

:D

Greg

Dave, World of BMW are doing their off road course in Wales on the 8th & 9th of October- I've booked to go on it so if you fancy doing the same then call Neil Munro at WOBMW on 08000131282.

maybe we could go to it together.

:D

Whoops! forget that previous message Dave, I just called Neil to chase up the info package that follows a booking and he told me it has been cancelled! - due to a shortage of numbers. Fuck it!! I was really looking forward to it. Now I'll have to wait until next year.

I hope your getting better mate, it sounds like it if you're looking to go off-road.

Phil

Hello Greg

Thanks for the compliment mate, I'm flattered. I thought that you looked pretty handy too.

Best wishes

Dave

You could try this place , only about 2 minutes from me in West Sussex and they have a couple of dates left this year in October.

Iain

Back
Top Bottom