Arai vx pro

legger

Does anyone know where to get the best deal on one of these helmets, and as anyone got any experience with peaked helmets on a road bike, just wondering what it would be like doing 70-80 mph with a peak on.

Andy

:D

Do helmets effect u in that way - is it natural ?

70-80 mph with an erection ?

Bilks. ( nature calling )

Legger,

On Saturday I bought the Nolan equiverlent, as a cheap £120.00 FUN helmet, and its brilliant. Not as noisy as expected, and no turbulance.

I thought I'd have the same problem, but at 110mph, it's fine. Normally I use a Exlite, which is also the dog's danglies. Or am I easily pleased?

Andrew

Andrew

thanks for your reply Andrew, nice to know that some people can answer a simple question and give a sensible answer.
Do you wear motor x style gogles with not having a visor ?

Andy

Re: Andrew

legger said:
thanks for your reply Andrew, nice to know that some people can answer a simple question and give a sensible answer.
Do you wear motor x style gogles with not having a visor ?

Andy

Go to your room until your sense of humour comes back. Go on.

:teacher

Sgt_ BILKO said:
:D
Do helmets effect u in that way - is it natural ?

70-80 mph with an erection ?

Bilks. ( nature calling )

Bilks
LOL
ROFLMAO
:hapybnce:

Andy:
I ride more often than not with either an Ikon (cheap) MX helmet or an AXO MX helmet. I have no problems with increased turbulence from the peak. In fact, my Ikon is quieter and less bounced around than my Schuberth (which I wear if I'm using the Aurocom). You've seen me ride . . . the motorcross-style helmet doesn't alter my riding speed/style at all!
I wear Scott goggles at all times: plain in bad light and tinted in the sunshine. I'm looking to buy an Arai Tour X in the near future and fit my autocom speakers and microphone: my Arai Quantum F was a perfect helmet for the autocom - I've heard the Tour X is good also.
Go for it. IMHO MX style helmet and goggles (or Tour X with built in visor) is the way to go for comfort, fog-free, cool in the summer, GS riding.
See you soon,
Simon

Have to agree with the Prof here - I use a Bell MX helmet all year round, and it is no noisier or prone to buffeting than the Schuberth that preceded it.

Maybe a bit cool in the winter, but a Buff over the face helps considerably. (pauses to allow the double entendre artists to stop sniggering...)
Fogging is almost zero, even at a standstill, and disappears as soon as you start moving

Tip - try diferent makes of goggles with a new helmet - the apetures are different shapes and sizes on different makes of helmet - some goggles suit some helmets better than others.
EG my Arai VX Pro was not comfortable with my Scott goggles, as it made the goggles press onto the top of my nose - the Oakleys fit great on this one. OTOH, the Bell apeture is bigger, so the Oakleys, while great in the summer, allow a cold band across my forehead - painful in frosty weather! Now have a pair of ProGrip reactolites which I use most of the time.
BTW - Oakley persimmon tinted lenses are really good in overcast conditions, as they seem to increase contrast markedly.

Regards

P

Sorry Mike, if I'd forgotten my sence of homour????Can I come out of my room now???? Go on..... pleeeeeeaaaaaase the suns shinning, and I want to play!

Andy

My Nolan has a normal flip visor as any other full face helmet, Hence reasonably quite.

Andrew

Lord Jenkins the Humourous

Thanks Guys

Just ordered the Arai Vx Pro today, windham Replica its the dogs danglies, i have the quantum f as well simon its the best helmet i have ever owned, they say some people have Arai shaped heads, i think i fit that category, thanks for that tip on the gogles peter i will bear that in mind when i pick the helmet up, i already own a pair of Scott + oakleys gogles, i use on the KTM.

Simon i was very interested in the tour x, and have some good reports on them of people that ride enduro, most of the people that have bought them are people that are wearing glasses, and have been having problems with gogles over glasses.......the reason ive opted for the Vx Pro is simply riding the KTM down the green lanes i dont think the visor would last very long, being sujected to the usual mud and sh##ht you pick up.

Yeh we will see you and lisa shortly at the peak district, i think john is going to arrange something with you soon...

Andy

The only hassle I have found is that the rain gets between the gogles and mouth-piece......stings a bit unless you ride one handed to cover yer nose.

Back
Top Bottom