Yet another newbie

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Actually my second post as I posted first under Spectating the Dakar then found this forum.

I'm 42 (will be 43 next month when arriving in Lisbon for the Dakar). Currently got a R1100GS which I love. Got it a few years back when I lived in Jersey. Had several BMWs over the years but always prefer the GSs. Originally had a R80 G/S in early 80s which was considered a strange choice of bike back then for a young guy (as I was then!). Used that bike for absolutely everything possible even entering a hill climb event and even a drag race event once when my usual drag bike (a Yamaha XS1220 turbo) wouldn't start.

Have toured all over Europe over the years.

Have now moved to middle of nowhere in North Devon and doesn't seem to be many bikes around here which is surprising given the empty roads.

Will keep a close watch on this forum for any meetings in this part of the country.

Cheers

Sid

Velcome to ze madhouse Sid,
I don`t know if this is near enough to you?
Post a pic of your drag bike then :thumb

'.....doesn't seem to be many bikes around here which is surprising given the empty roads.'

We could change that...oh yes...we could change that...over to you for date/venue/scones, jam, clotted cream and pots of tea...

Welcome Sid.. :thumb

Especially warm greetings to a fellow 1100 owner...a PROPER GS owner... :D

I hope you enjoy this madhouse known as UKGSer... :p

If you know Andy Ayres from Bideford,say hello to him from me,I`ve not seen him since we went to the Picos many moons ago...

Sid

A warm welcome too from a fellow 'bean' - a.k.a Paul Herbert (if you saw the colour of my hair (what's left) you would understand my nickname!).

I only got to know about this forum when I decided to buy a 1200GS in July. Mad, but informative (the forum that is...)

Look me up when you are next back in Jersey...

Welcome...
North Devon?
Tiverton! :eek: beware of a pair of loons - one rides a Harley and the other a.....horse?!
they're mates of mine :)

Og

Welcome Sid - another one in the south west :thumb

Might see you about

cheers :beer:

Back
Top Bottom