December Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Checking the calendar it seems that the 3rd Tuesday of the month will be the 20th of December which seems a bit close to Xmas.

Shall we make it the prior week instead;The 13th of December?

Venue same as November ie The Windmill.

Thoughts?

Ian

already can't do the 13th (twice)
1st is 7 year old son in school play
2nd is a works do (for those of us left)

i am hoping i can do both....................

so i am sorry it is the Gs do that falls off the edge

H

Rushy said:
Checking the calendar it seems that the 3rd Tuesday of the month will be the 20th of December which seems a bit close to Xmas.Thoughts?

Ian

Were you surprised by that, Ian? 20th seemed close last year as well ! :D

13th clashes with the UKGS'ers North West Xmas Dinner as sponsored by Williams and Blue Bell, doesn't it ?? :eek:

Anytime for me mate. :thumb

Xmas Dinner

Whats this about a Williams / Blue Bell sponsored xmas dinner??

Anybody got any more info?

Sorry Ian, not me next month, a bit to busy :eek: have a good one though :beer:

:D

How about making it a Sunday meet and combining a bit of a ride, chat, food and ale?

Say the Old Tithe Barn on the A6 about 11:00ish? Get there early before all the old doderers get there.

Sorry Les our self funded works do would not stretch to your wonderful food.
it is a non festive italian buffet if there is such a thing.........

H

HR0 said:
Sorry Les our self funded works do would not stretch to your wonderful food.
it is a non festive italian buffet if there is such a thing.........

H

Thats a shame, would have looked after you! :D

simonjc said:
How about making it a Sunday meet and combining a bit of a ride, chat, food and ale?

Say the Old Tithe Barn on the A6 about 11:00ish? Get there early before all the old doderers get there.

Old Tithe Barn! where's that then. Is that up near Garstang?
A6 is a Loooooong bit of road ;)

Yes ted ,it is at garstang ,plenty big enough car park ,but can get busy at weekends . Old nells is a fantastic meeting place ,on A6 again but that bit more south ;)

Crimbo, meet

simonjc said:

Well I;m right behind this suggestion, the proper Northwest crimbo meet, Sunday the 18th DEC, 11ish onwards, well if enough of you can sway this one, and if I;m not out shooting foxes, I;ll be there :thumb

Windmill Meet Dec 13th

a get together in the windmill, just of junction 19, of the M6, on Tuesday 13th DEC.

Will be at the pub next week :thumb
Will contact John and meet whoever else down there. Glad you are feeling better Daz.
DHP see you in 2006:beerjug: I'll be up to the Tithe Barn :thumb

Directions.

Not sure where you are in Manchester. But if you get on the M60,direction M/cr airport should get you on to the M56. Go to J7 (Lyme) Left at large roundabout and on to Chester road. You will pick up signs for M6 just stay on that road till you come to the M6 roundabout. Straight across and the pub is immediatly on the right opposite a shell station.Its about 4 miles from the Lyme roundabout to the Windmill.
Hopfully there is a map attached :thumb

Attachments

• windmill (Small).jpg
    windmill (Small).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 99
ah, i know the one! Hope ya dont mind if i gate-crash on me R850R... :D

See ya there!! :beerjug:

dave b said:
Yes ted ,it is at garstang ,plenty big enough car park ,but can get busy at weekends . Old nells is a fantastic meeting place ,on A6 again but that bit more south ;)

The down side to Old Nells is that it gets too busy. Takes ages to get your food and even longer to queue and order it. Also its very much a place to be seen... So you get a lot of very vain people therr.

Is anyone still planning on turning up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom