Last meet of the year ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollo

[Following on from Rushy's thread which started to go all negative.]

Although not really interested in those that can't attend due to other committments, is there anybody out there that wants to meet and chat about BMW's in December?

Wednesday 14th is OK by me, as are most other weekdays before the last week.

If we want to get a regular thing going here, it seems a little feeble (no criticism of anyone) that some of us can't get together for 3 hours.

Who is up for it? 13/14/15 or the week after.

:thumb :thumb

"Ted and I sit at home waiting for a phone call, (or touring on the bike waiting for a phone call)"

Had the call then Rollo!

:D :D

Rollo said:

Although not really interested in those that can't attend due to other committments, is there anybody out there that wants to meet and chat about BMW's in December?

Wednesday 14th is OK by me, as are most other weekdays before the last week.

If we want to get a regular thing going here, it seems a little feeble (no criticism of anyone) that some of us can't get together for 3 hours.

Who is up for it? 13/14/15 or the week after.

:thumb :thumb

Here we go again, The only reason it;s negative is because it does;nt suit those who won;t ride further north than junc 19, simonjc has made a suggestion that has some support, and as soon as it looks like gaining some momentum it;s classed as negative by the pipe and polishing brigade. Why wont you support his suggestion, it sounds like an excellent venue and you should be giving other suggested venues the support they deserve rather than creating your own little corner in Cheshire. :mcgun :mcgun

drinkingparrothead said:
Here we go again, The only reason it;s negative is because it does;nt suit those who won;t ride further north than junc 19, simonjc has made a suggestion that has some support, and as soon as it looks like gaining some momentum it;s classed as negative by the pipe and polishing brigade. Why wont you support his suggestion, it sounds like an excellent venue and you should be giving other suggested venues the support they deserve rather than creating your own little corner in Cheshire. :mcgun :mcgun

We appreciate your participation and the effort you made last month so just feckin' be there and shut up. :mcgun :mcgun :mcgun :mcgun :mcgun :mcgun

It's called 'group dynamics' and tribal instincts. People like to hang on to relationships made. The purpose of my mail was to try and bring together those that have been meeting together all year 'cos as a big boy I see no reason to continue in December as I've not got young kids, or a job in the refreshment industry. My wife will do enough shopping for all of us, so I might be kicking my heels for a couple of nights.

:D

grandtrousers said:
I`ve got to go/come whatever - its my round.
I'll be there it's been awhile since grandtrousers has put his hand in his pocket and bought anything :clap :beer:
Well it's christmas! :bounce1

Bike meet

The 13th would be best for me, but I could make it on the 14th at a push. The biggest question is, where will it be held this month? :nenau

Daz said:
The biggest question is, where will it be held this month? :nenau

Oh fecking hell...here comes another couple of thousand posts about 'That`s too far North'.... 'That`s too far South'... 'That`s not what I call North West'...'What about here ?' .... 'What about there ?' :D :D :D :D

Sssshhhhhhhhh

tarka said:
Oh fecking hell...here comes another couple of thousand posts about 'That`s too far North'.... 'That`s too far South'... 'That`s not what I call North West'...'What about here ?' .... 'What about there ?' :D :D :D :D

Bloody muck stirrer!!!!!

drinkingparrothead said:
by the pipe and polishing brigade.

What exactly do you mean by this comment? I've known most of the local guys for 12mths now and none of them smoke a pipe, at least not in public, and most of us use our bikes very regularly......The only thing I have polished in the last 6 months is my knob! The bike hasnt had a good clean since its post Garmisch wash and blow dry.

Do we really have to explain it to you AGAIN? We just want to get together for a couple of hrs one night after work and have a drink and a chat, once a month.

We'll pop up and see you sometime on a proper rideout at the weekend.
OR you could simply ask if the moderator can create a sub NW forum for you proper bikers to arrange meets on?

Rushy said:
The only thing I have polished in the last 6 months is my knob! The bike hasnt had a good clean since its post Garmisch wash and blow job.

Fixed :D

December Meet

Rollo said:

The subject in this thread was hijacked, It was posted originally as December meet by Rushy, and was debated by a number of you regulars on this forum, A venue was suggested by simonjc, and supported by one or two others dave b, Ted, and myself, but before it gained any momentum it was said to be negative ??, now why would that be then. I could suggest a few reasons but one or two of you, (pipe and polishing brigade), might get upset, again. Now as for the moderator getting involved, I think you could be right , maybe it is time for him to start monitoring these threads, because if suggestions are not going to be given a fair hearing, then I don;t think you can consider this forum to be called The, (North West,) as it is;nt a fair reflection when you fail to recognise other members views, especially on this subject. I think you are also right when you say that the moderator should open a sub forum, but not for us to arrange meets, but for the cheshire circle of friends, which might be more appropiate. :phazar :phazar

drinkingparrothead said:
Now as for the moderator getting involved, I think you could be right , maybe it is time for him to start monitoring these threads

For your information,I`m constantly monitoring them.....

drinkingparrothead said:
because if suggestions are not going to be given a fair hearing, then I don;t think you can consider this forum to be called The, (North West,) as it is;nt a fair reflection when you fail to recognise other members views, especially on this subject.

I think everything has been getting a hearing....even the squabbling about what is or isn`t representative of the 'North West'...Bear in mind that anyone from the the Lakes area is considered to be in the NORTHERN area...look at the Forum headers for geographical definitions.

drinkingparrothead said:
I think you are also right when you say that the moderator should open a sub forum, but not for us to arrange meets, but for the cheshire circle of friends, which might be more appropiate. :phazar :phazar

I`ll leave that in,despite it appearing to be a pop at some people.
The 'Cheshire circle of friends' actually were the original North West group,so what`s your gripe....?

The 'Cheshire circle of friends' actually were the original North West group,so what`s your gripe....?[/QUOTE]

That proves a point then does;nt it, and I guess you must be one of them. :dabone

Misreading things........

Really come on now. It was only deemed 'negative' because most of the posts were from those who weren't able to come/didn't want to bother this month and not those who wanted to meet. Try not to take it too personally/get paranoid. As I said before, all we want to do is go to 'the local' one evening in the week to 'down a few' and have a chat with a few mates. Surely you can't be pissed off about that. We aren't trying to exclude anyone.

Why don't you arrange a definite date one day a month in the week at a venue of your choice, make it a regular event. And whoever wants to come can come. I'll be happy to come sometime, once I've got this month out of the way. ( Busy at work, moving house, going on holiday . )

Ian

PS You still didn't explain what you meant by pipe and polishing brigade? I assume its meant as an insult but as I said none of us smoke pipes!? We could smoke a peace pipe if you like? I'll bring one back from the USA. :D

No he isnt

drinkingparrothead said:
That proves a point then does;nt it, and I guess you must be one of them. :dabone

No he isn't. We haven't let him play with us since he broke little Tommy Smiths train set and made him cry. Plus he wouldnt let us come to his birthday party. Anyway we didnt really want to go because he wasn't having proper birthday cake and his mum always leaves the crusts on the sandwiches and she never makes jelly. :nono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom