GS Camera Mount

Jimb

I have made a camera mount for the GS and any other BMW that uses the same fuel filler, the mount uses four of the six fuel filler bolt holes is laser cut from 6mm stainless has nylon spacers and stainless hex capscrews to fix it.
I made a slot to take a 1/4" or 3/8" tripod bush to fit a ball & socket head or pan head and can be used for still or video cameras, I use a still camera and release the shutter by a remote switch taped on the bars.

There was a minimum charge of £65 for the programming and that produced three mounts so if anyone needs a camera mount £20 will cover it.

Attachments

• a4 landscape blank 300 dpi.jpg
    a4 landscape blank 300 dpi.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 686
Amazing.

I don't have a suitable camera - however I shall forward to some people I know (not GS owners) who knows I may be able to push some people your way.

All the best.

Amazing

nice one Jim,

I don't think that it'd be worth it for me box-brownie camara, but I did see a tank bag on a yanky site a while ago that used a very similar bracket, where the long bit went into a slot in the base of a tank bag, and gave you a tank bag thats guarenteed [sp] not to scratch yer nice shiny paintwork [cos of the gap] I was gonna buy one but the HMGcustoms prices put me off - ya could ave a dual purpose inverntion thing going on here??

Have you any idea what weight the bracket could support for tank bag thingy??

camera mount

jim,
interesting - but don't turn up for an observed ride with it fitted - MTC may have something to say
Sherpa;)

Keeping an Eye on your Gs

Do you want to watch your GS from your office , make sure its happy and wrapped up ...well you can ,,if you have DSL( thats broadband ) all you need is a CCTV camera (from £50.00) and my great little Gizmo , special price for GS ers ( like 50% off) if you are sad enogh to want to watch your GS from you office PC ..look at www.vvstechnology.com 1 , 2 and 4 camera modules available ,9 so you can watch the rest of the chattels as well !!
Harto:beer:

Back
Top Bottom