Greetings!

Keba

Thought I'd do a first post given there is a forum especially designed for such things!

I've been riding on and off for over 15 years - current bike is a K1200RS SE, only 40k on it since Oct 03 - lets just not talk about the other 20k or so I've done on other bikes as well in that time ;)

I know its not a GS, or even a R series, but it is a BMW - and there doesn't seem to be any sort of community like this one for the K bikes which is sad in a way... But hey, a community is a community and owning a BMW is enough of a commonality for me to post here I hope!

Keba said:
But hey, a community is a community and owning a BMW is enough of a commonality for me to post here I hope!

Nope ......... everyone in this forum has a GS. Its compulsory. Read the rules.

Eyup fella,

Welcome....don`t worry about not having a GS...you`re not the only one.

Join in.

Learn things.

Have fun.

Enjoy.

:beerjug:

Den said:
Nope ......... everyone in this forum has a GS. Its compulsory. Read the rules.

Den, You'll need to point me at the rules then ;)

And Steptoe, I'm not missing a B, I am not a food! Funnily enough though, it's one of the most common statements made about this particular nickname that I use....

Welcome aboard Keba ........ Enjoy :)

Just out of mild curiosity, what does Keba stand for ?

Duchess said:
Just out of mild curiosity, what does Keba stand for ?

Now that would be telling, wouldn't it!

I've been using Keba as a handle since before the Internet was even around - even before I'd heard of a kebab and that particular joke started to happen.

It will probably stay a mystery too ;)

I don't have anything to do with the German company of the same name however - found out they got the .com domain before I thought having a domain for myself might be a fun thing to do :/

Keba said:
Now that would be telling, wouldn't it!

I've been using Keba as a handle since before the Internet was even around - even before I'd heard of a kebab and that particular joke started to happen.

It will probably stay a mystery too ;)
:/

Oh well, guess I'll just have to stay intrigued then .....

Your round I think.... :beerjug:

K1200RS

My previous bike (previous to 1150GS and current 1200GS) was a K1200RS. I loved that bike SOOOOOOOOOOOO much and even though I'm extremely happy with my GS there's a little bit of me that still yearns for that bike. If ever I see R923 AKO about, wild horses won't be able to keep me away from it, cheque book waving frantically.

I just loved the smooth power of the K-RS and for a combination of motorways, dual carriageways and fast A-roads, it was perfect. There was one sweepy 80-120 mph road in Spain (Tortosa to Lerida) that was so good I still dream about it regularly.

At the same time, I had an older R80RT that I used for motorway commuting, and that converted me to the boxer engine. On twistier roads I was always conscious of the weight of the K-RS, and the effort of it. As I go on tour to Europe with a few friends every year, and mountain roads tend to be the target, I wanted something that was more of an all-rounder. One ride on a GS sold me on it. The GS doesn't match the effortless fast cruising of the K-RS, but everywhere else it's better, and on twisty mountain passes, I reckon it's unbeatable.

I could never find a decent website for the K1200RS. Any site pales in comparison to this one, though. I've never knowingly met any other UKGSers, but for a wealth of information and opinions on GS's, bikes in general and just about anything else, it's perfect.

Anyway, while it isn't a GS, the K-RS is a very close second in my view. No doubt others will disagree, but they're easily ignored!

Robin.

weight is defintely an issue, thats for sure - its the main reason I'm thinking about upgrading to the K1200S sooner rather than later. I was planning to do around 100 to 150 thou miles before switching, but then the S came out and I've wanted one ever since!

I've never been able to get used to the R series engine myself - had a few of them, but the whole load bearing frame vs grommits issue always made me go for the K series instead as a preference. Thats probably because my first few 'big' motorbikes were all 4 cylinder and grommit based and switching to a R series makes the vibration side of things stand out a bit more.

Regardless, both are great bikes - I just don't ever think 'maybe I'll go offroad for a change' ;)

Welcome Keba

Where about in berkshire are you - i went to school in Hungerford, my Mum and younger Brother live just outside Newbury :D

Greetings...Welcome...

took me about 2 effin years to actually get a GS :D

now, dont just sit there - flame someone :eek:

i'm joking ;)

Og,
the missing link...er,...i mean letter. :rolleyes: :D

xbootie said:
Where about in berkshire are you - i went to school in Hungerford, my Mum and younger Brother live just outside Newbury :D

Living in Thatcham (right next door to Newbury) at the minute - moved from Sawston (just outside of Cambridge) around 4 years ago.

So not a local really - I'm still quite new around here!

Small world

Small world then - My brother lives in Thatcham, and my Mum lives in a small village just outside called Upper Bucklebury

Cheers might see you around then :beer:

Back
Top Bottom