GARMIN 2610

Marks adventure

Through life
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

Please can someone tell me where i can get a permanent sticky pad for my car holder?

i have tried to do a search but i can only find the US site..

If anyone has got one a permanent sticky pad to fit the car mount to sell i would be more than willing to purchase it from them.

Thanks

Mark

Pads!!

I'm sure if you contact Garmin, they would sort you out, very helpful.

Gary.

PS has anyone used the other Tempory pad, how well does it stick, and does it leave a mess when you remove it :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Should I retype that!! :D :D

Gary Simon said:
...has anyone used the other Tempory pad, how well does it stick, and does it leave a mess when you remove it...

I use the temporary ones all the time in rental cars. They work great, they stick like shit on a blanket, and they remove without much difficulty at all. The trick is to not throw away the peel-off protective film when you first mount the sticky pad to the bottom of the oval mount. You want to hang onto that film so you can protect the sticky pad with it when you remove the whole thing.

I have found that the temporary pads are good for about 3 or 4 re-uses. If you want to make it really super-sticky, just heat it up with a hair dryer, or by holding it over the defrost vent of the car (with the heat turned up) before you stick it on the dashboard.

They will last forever - I put a temporary pad on my Golf about 3 years ago, and it is still there.

Michael

PanEuropean said:
They will last forever - I put a temporary pad on my Golf about 3 years ago, and it is still there.

Michael

That would piss off the local tea leaves

Back
Top Bottom