Advice on Radio/intercom please

SilverFish

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am looking to get a bike to bike radio and intercom deal for my bike. I would like it to do the following things:

• Bike to Bike comms
  • Full Duplex Rider/Passenger comms
  • Stereo i/o for listening to a music source, with comms overide.

I would also need to hear it through my ear plugs and inside a Schuberth Concept helmet, if that isnt too much to ask for!

I understand that the Autocom Pro Kit 7 is the best of breed and fullfills all of the above criteria, but it is an expensive option at £500 (including transceiver).

The Motorworks website list a "Nady MRC-11 (£114.89 +VAT)" which seems like it might be a good compromise, but I dont know how well it can be used with the earplugs and noisy Schuberth helmet.

Your suggestions and advice please!

TIA,

Michael:headphone

Michael

I went throught the same excercise about this time last year. The response from nearly all of the suppliers was that if I wanted to use a system reliably at speeds over 60 ~ 70 MPH then the only system to get is Autocom.
I also read a load of posts from people on different bike BB's and one guy had tried about 4 different systems at a combined cost of over £750, and in the end bought the Autocom and loved it.

As you say the system is very expensive, and this at first put me off, but once I bit the bullet and had it installed I knew that I had made the right decision. I have used the system bike to bike reliably at speeds in excess of 100 mph but after that you don't really want to be holding a converstion with someone anyway. We normally get a range of approx 1.5 ~ 2 miles, and it is also worth getting the phone input lead as well as this is cool. I have spoken to people on the phone at 70 mph and they have been really suprised when I say that I am riding a bike as the noise cancelling is so good.

Think of it this way, if you keep it for 10 years it will only have cost you £50 a year !!

Simon

Michael

I have the Autocom Pro-7-Sport with Kenwood radio. Once you get the VOX setting right, they work very well.

Greg

I also bought the latest intercom from Autocom and yes it is good.
I use a portable CD and mobile through the system and clarity is very good.
I purchased a pair of Icons through this site and they work well but a point to note, Autocom will only produce an adapter lead for a small nuber of transceivers, Icon, Kenwood and I believe Junior Pro so check with Autocom that an adapter is available for the Nadi's before you buy anything

Thanks for your tips guys.

Learning off of your experience, it looks like it will be the Autocom after all.

Thanks,

Michael

Back
Top Bottom