Site virgin---

givitsum

First post on your site I think---don't pick up my GS till April---just thought I'd get in early---had a couple or three before---two 1100 s & an R80GS---latest wun is an R100GS---trouble is she's in snow-bound Michigan---will have to ride her around for a month in Canada & the States before shipping her home from New York end of May---ain't life tough ;)

givit :thumb

givitsum said:
...will have to ride her around for a month in Canada & the States before shipping her home from New York end of May---ain't life tough ;)
It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. :D :D

Welcome aboard... :beerjug:

Top choice of GS`s ,past and present.... :thumb

Red

Thanks for the welcome guys---I'm looking forward to my trip out in the States---have even managed a few butterflies in the tum just thinking about it---especially riding her into New York to the shipping agent---
I had an 800GS for a wee while a few years ago---I remember it as a lovely smooth ride if a bit lacking in the power stakes---no doubt everything is going to feel that way after my '99 XJR 1300SP where I've reduced the weight---improved the suspension and found an extra 20bhp but I know which one I'd rather have on the dirt :D At least my '91 R100GS is Red---I'm sure you'll all agree that's the best colour for a motorbike ;)

Pity I won't have the GS back here in time for your Llangollen ride---it's just up the road and I've covered many of the off-road routes in the Berwyns ---must admit I've never dunnit on anything as evil as an 1150 in the mud---every time things got greasy with my 1100GS I fell off the bloody thing---100mph on the clock on a dried up riverbed in Andalucia springs to mind though---stood on the pegs whoopin like a Crow Indian on meths or cutting inside Fireblades with the righthand pot scrapin at the Gooseneck on the TT course---five laps one Mad Sunday will give you an idea how much I enjoyed that bike---it just had to be BMWs first sports bike :dabone

givit :thumb

Back
Top Bottom