Confession

Macfie

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m new to posting here but have been looking in for quite a while. This site provides pannier loads of useful information. Special thanks to the post that pointed out I could get a Quest for £199.

I’m really taken with GS world, but I have a confession to make – my bike is an R1100R. Its ten years old, in mint condition, and does everything that’s asked of it very well, except go of-road! It’s been 100% reliable although I’m probably tempting fate saying that. It’s a difficult decision to sell it for a nearly new 1200GS, especially reading about some of the problems on here. I’ll need to think about it a bit longer, maybe next year? :mmmm

I’ve probably seen some of the Scottish GSers out on the road, there are a lot of you around. I’ll give you a wave. :)

M

Hiya...and welcome.

Don`t worry about ' confessing'.... :D

The R1100R is a good bike...I checked one out for a friend and rode it home for her when she bought it. It was actually sweeter than my own 1100GS`s at low speeds because the slightly taller gearing made it less 'snatchy'.

Why not get a PROPER GS.....an 1100 ?? :D :D ;) ;)

Interesting to hear that Tarka, thats something I've noticed too, on tight Highland hairpins or when I take it on rough tracks (I know I shouldn't) a lower bottom gear would be useful.

1100GS is a lovely bike, but I'm a bit undertall for them (29" inside leg). :eek:

M

Macfie said:
1100GS is a lovely bike, but I'm a bit undertall for them (29" inside leg). :eek:

M

I've got a 29" inside leg and ride my 1150 on the high seat setting. You are by no means undertall for a GS Macfie :thumb

Whatton said:
I've got a 29" inside leg and ride my 1150 on the high seat setting. You are by no means undertall for a GS Macfie :thumb

but your 35 stone :nenau

only joking, couldn't resist :D

welcome and the 1100 can be lowered anyway :thumb

Whatton said:
I've got a 29" inside leg and ride my 1150 on the high seat setting.

What he forgot to mention is that he rides in these: :eek: :ymca :D

Attachments

• pierresilber_1871_619128.gif
    pierresilber_1871_619128.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 75

Back
Top Bottom