Building a "special"

pint6x

Having been inspired by some of the super-motard bikes going around on this site, I have been toying with the idea of doing something similar.

The problem is I have neither the time, the tools, or the talent to do something like this. If I decided to do something like this I would need to employ the services of someone who knew what they were doing.

I suspect I probably want to avoid having a main agent helping me, but is there some place (preferably not a million miles from the Wilts/Berks border) that might help build something like this without robbing me blind in the process ?

Not definitely decided on this strategy - just doing a bit of digging at this stage.

6X

special

Hi Pint,
i'll do it for you,I have done mine it's nearly finished now i'm sure you have seen the pictures,But as I am writing this there is another 1150 on it's way from sheffield for a complete make over it's accident damaged but not registered so mainly cosmetic, doing that for a mate.Are you thinking about doing your bike or buying another one?I have room in my workshop if you are interested as and when let me know.Did you want somewhere nearer so you can have a part in it?i'm in Harwich Essex.Andy

Andy

Thanks for the offer - I will send you a private message

Cheers

Philip (6X)

can we fix it? yes we can

Pint,
here is the next project,looks worse than it is really honest.Andy

Attachments

• adm4.jpg
    adm4.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 279
bits!!

Steve,
we had to strip it down this far to see what exactly had to be replaced or repaired unfortunatly the rear subframe is no good either so thats got to come off also,give us a couple of weeks and it will be looking ok.Andy

I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure...

Thinking more about a GS with alloys and maybe some narrower bars.

I'm not flogging an R1100R, buying an R1100GS, then trying to turn it back into an R1100R am I :confused:

BMW Endcan.

Any of you guys build a special want a perfect bmw end can ? I just replaced mine with a Remus revolution.

Just thinkin bout specials

Now i know that this is not every ones taste and i am probably a mile out ,,But heres my tuppence worth .In classic Bike there was an : specials : special edition mag and in this was the most beautiful B.M.W R 100,it was done in a very basic style in what could b described as clubmans trim,it had clip on,s a flat mounted alloy tank and a manx norton type seat .It looked xceptionally good.I know the next question Cant u post a photo.No on two fronts 1 NO equipment & 2 NO capacity but will try.. URS CIVILITY HIMSELF most of the time

Re: can we fix it? yes we can

andy malton said:
Pint,
here is the next project,looks worse than it is really honest.Andy

Andy - so whats not so super about the R80GS then?

Back
Top Bottom