Autocom too quiet

cecilthecat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been using the Autocom Pro M1 Bike to Bike for about a year now and have found it to be great. I have now fitted it to my new GS and find that when using it Rider to Pillion it is fairly quiet, so much so that at 70mph with earplugs I could not hear. I went and bought the hi/ Low setting switch and this did not really immprove matters so had to resort to removing the earplugs which I'm not to happy to do.
When using the radio the volume is fine, so does anyone know whether I can increase the volume for rider Pillion comms ?
I know that the Pro M7 sport is available which may address this problem, but to upgrade to this will be costly as I will need to replace all of the headsets etc...

Cheers

Simon

Simon,

Have you spoken to Autocom? I understand they can convert your current set to 7 pin for a charge (don't know how much). I've just got the 'extra loud' speakers & fitted them to my System 4 - can't give you a report on their performance for a few weeks unfortunately! They are, apparently, not suitable for use with music(?). Have a chat with the folks at Autocom, I've found them to be very hopeful. The single most important factor in volume is the placement of the speakers - they'll no doubt advise you on that....

MikeO:)

Back
Top Bottom