WELSH CAMPSITES

Taff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the questions seems to come up pretty regularly, I've been meaning to do this for a while. Attached is a Mapsource file of campsites / caravan sites scattered throughout Wales - including phone numbers. They have been taken from the Alan Rogers book "Quality camping & caravanning parks". As it happens, I have stayed on a couple of these sites, and they are definately smart, although probably mainly caravan sites. I may put it in the "GPS" section as well, but if a Moderator wants it removed, I won't take offence. :D

The campsite Gecko recommended is included, but if anyone has any others, PM me the details inc Tel Nos and I will add them to the Version 2. :D

Attachments

• WELSH CAMPSITES V1.gdb
    5 KB · Views: 70
Top job thanks, will be doing a lot of camping next year with my kids on the bike (not at the same time ) and due to there age wont be long distance stuff so well pleased with this.
Thanks. :thumb

Home Farm Caravan park was not meant to be in the Irish Sea. Glad you spotted the deliberate mistake there ebbo. :eek: Version 2 has now been treble checked, and is a stand alone file ie you can scrap Version 1, as Version 2 has all the old sites - just corrected. :D

Attachments

• WELSH CAMPSITES V2.gdb
    5 KB · Views: 48
Camping sites in Wales

Not sure if this is in your list, but you could add Kiln Park Caravan Site, Marsh Road, Tenby, to your listing. Large flat site with good toilet/shower block, easy walk into centre of Tenby, plenty of ammenities etc. Noted bikes (no GS's) from most major european countries this year.

It is also very close to the Dock for a days ride in Ireland, by catching the 3am boat spend all day in Ireland and return on 9 pm boat - in bed by 1am.

2 warnings, beware August we can get very busy, after a few days rain you will realise why its called "Marsh Road".

Yes I do work there on the Caravan/Site maintenance team, not that it will get you much discount.

Regards
Pembroke Airhead

I'm sure Kiln Park wasn't in the book I had. Just PM me the Lat / Long and tel no and I will make sure its included in Version 3, but this applies to any campsite you think would be useful, not just Kiln Park. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom