have you seen these tents

BIG GORDY

take a look at www.wolfcamper.com look at the lavvu 8 and 12 tents. I saw quite a few of them in scandinavia last summer and have just tracked down the web site.

The ability to stand up and sit in a tent that is small enough to carry on your bike.

As you will notice the site isnt in English, I've best guessed from the German..........but can anyone give a translation........perhaps zwerver or liv if you are reading this.........typical english cant do foreign.

Big Gordy

Click on "Deutsch" and then "Zelte" - German for tent (Free translation web site )

Copy and paste the text into the translation site and and away you go.

The Lavvu 4;

Both the Samer and the Indians used this kind of tent, which the Samer as Lavvu designated. In relation to the small weight and luggage size, there is unbelievably much place in the tent. In this tent one can even be located. Due to its size the Lavvu is suitable in the best way as families -, group or meeting tent. It offers the best possibilities for social gathering. The tent is suitable also for the motorcycle use.

Attachments

• lavvu4.jpg
    lavvu4.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 1,639
Jon said:
Click on "Deutsch" and then "Zelte" - German for tent (Free translation web site )

Copy and paste the text into the translation site and and away you go.

The Lavvu 4;

Both the Samer and the Indians used this kind of tent, which the Samer as Lavvu designated. In relation to the small weight and luggage size, there is unbelievably much place in the tent. In this tent one can even be located. Due to its size the Lavvu is suitable in the best way as families -, group or meeting tent. It offers the best possibilities for social gathering. The tent is suitable also for the motorcycle use.

People lying down: 4 Pers.
People sitting: 8 Pers.
Packed size: 16x65 cm.
weight: 6,0 kg.
Outer tent: Polyester 150D Oxford-material.
Water resitance : 2500 mm.
Colour: Rain forest Green
Price : Eur0 299.95 . (195 quid !!!)

Did anyone end up getting one of these? Found a link to them on the HU site and wondered whether they were worth it.

If you are serious about this type of tent I suggest you look in the Touratech catalogue, on page 652 there is a superb Tentipi tent. Google search on Tentipi or Moskoselkatan, will twke you to the original Scandinavian website. Worth a look for serious camping, but a bit over spec and over price for avarage use. Check out the firebox on the site, a collapsible BBQ that fits in my pannier.

Thanks very much. I had seen these on a US. web site for about the same figure but in dollars! The wolfcamper one is considerably cheaper though (1/4 the price) and not a lot heavier. I've a feeling I'd like to see one up first which is where my plan currently falls down. On top of that, I read on the HU web site you could even get your bike inside :p which in some of the places I'm planning on going might be a bonus... or perhaps just a hassle. My old tent was a dome one until the mice chewed the end off it in the garage, I like the sound and flexibilty of these tipi style ones but haven't quite convinced myself yet.

Re: Liberty Cap

Blowzorn said:
Is it just me or do these tents look like magic mushrooms?
Perhaps if the bottom part was only large enough to fit one person standing up I might agree.

Yowser... I was intending lugging it round Europe and Russia for 3 months... I'm not sure now I've seen those pictures. It looks like a cracking bit of kit mind. Thanks very much for the link, I'll e-mail the bloke as he obviously uses his for biking.

A lot of motorcyclist up her use the Wolfcamper lavvu, several of my friends hav them too. The most common one i think is the lavvu 8. Consider of buying an inner tent... and still there will be place for your motorcycle...

We are 5 people going for a 3 week holiday this summer(Estonia, Alps...) and we have decided to bring a lavvu 12 (not Wolfcamper) instead of several small tents.

My opinion is that the Wolfcamper is very good value for money..

The ability to stand up and sit in a tent that is small enough to carry on your bike.

Er......... why do you feel the need to stand up in a tent ?

piss outside like everyone else :D

motomartin said:

Er......... why do you feel the need to stand up in a tent ?

piss outside like everyone else :D

You go outside to piss??

Posh git.......:p

Back
Top Bottom