HP2 at salvage auction

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, i kept quiet, did you get it Lol ?, i watched it reach £4150 then had to go out :(

Anyone else on here after it - did you get it ? Do you need some parts ;)

6.5+K £?! :loopy

It looks quite good tho, but I'm sure there will be much more HP2 salvages to come and with considerably cheaper prices ;)

HP2 f**k U "Gracie" Irish Disaster _ Send money Quick

well i bowed out at £ 6600 Gracie had a autobid for £6650 that means that if i bid the extra 50 he or she would have come back straight at me , I badly wanted that HP2 to trash round the countryside and maybe not be worried about all the cosmetics that would need to be replaced , from my inspection ( and my spy's "BLEZ" ) the list was quiet extensive to name but a few items

Clocks
Ignition Switch ( does it need the whole CPU ie imobiliser )
High magura fat bars
Clutch master cylinder
Left hand switch module
front mudguard
Petrol tank
Petrol tank shrouds
Rocker covers - both
Silencer
indicators
Air pump for AIR shock
Keys
Tool Kit
Seat Complete
Trottle Cable

and the other items I did not see
and when hpi checked it will come as Cat D

at £6650 it had started to become unecomic for a off road project

I will just have to Badger BMW Motorad in Ireland for a good deal and maybe sell off the parts I don't require ie
standard silence (are you there Gracie) _ have to have a Akropivch . sorry about spelling blez
and a 18" back wheel for mousses and michelin enduro tyre

maybe now have to sell my modified GS800 to pay all them schekels

Now Crying into me Guinness

Gunner

ps i enclose 'My Photes of Crashed HP2 " and my Consolation prize
a honda CB 450 and sidecar "military" on Ebay for under £260

Attachments

• 9a_1_b.JPG.jpg
    9a_1_b.JPG.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 802
Mobile.de + keep sending your donations

thanks for that luke I have looked at that option, and I will wait until I see what deal I can get in Ireland
13000 euro in germany is 13000 less 16% Vat (i think) = €11206

on the Irish side that is

€ 11206.00 = 21 % Vat = €2353.26 .... VRT € 1520 Shipping etc €600.00

total Euro € 15'682

at that price I dont know if it is a worth while saving that amount ... if I lost the goodwill of the new local dealer while I trash it around the countryside .... I would expect to avail of the full benifits of the 2 year Guarantee

Gunner

ps enclosed pic of front of crashed hp2

Attachments

• HP2.jpg
    HP2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 770
You Don't have to reclaim the VAT in Germany and pay again over here.
If the VAT is paid in any EU country, you are OK.
If you're taking the bike off road primarily, don't bother paying the VRT..
Or at least wait till it's at least a year old so the VRT will get more reasonable.

Anyway.. You'd be cheaper buying a good bike trailer than paying the VRT now.
I doubt the Garda in the Peoples Republic will pay much attention if you're only off roading.

So you're really only looking at 13,000yoyos + an nice little adventure flying to Germany and riding back

Jaysus, I think I've just convinced myself to buy one.

philgunn said:
thanks for that luke I have looked at that option, and I will wait until I see what deal I can get in Ireland
13000 euro in germany is 13000 less 16% Vat (i think) = €11206

on the Irish side that is

€ 11206.00 = 21 % Vat = €2353.26 .... VRT € 1520 Shipping etc €600.00

total Euro € 15'682

at that price I dont know if it is a worth while saving that amount ... if I lost the goodwill of the new local dealer while I trash it around the countryside .... I would expect to avail of the full benifits of the 2 year Guarantee

Gunner

ps enclosed pic of front of crashed hp2

tis not that simple !

Padge said:
You Don't have to reclaim the VAT in Germany and pay again over here.
If the VAT is paid in any EU country, you are OK.
If you're taking the bike off road primarily, don't bother paying the VRT..
Or at least wait till it's at least a year old so the VRT will get more reasonable.

Anyway.. You'd be cheaper buying a good bike trailer than paying the VRT now.
I doubt the Garda in the Peoples Republic will pay much attention if you're only off roading.

So you're really only looking at 13,000yoyos + an nice little adventure flying to Germany and riding back

Jaysus, I think I've just convinced myself to buy one.

if the bike is under six months old and unregistered you have to pay the VAT ..... i know a few years ago when a honda XR 600 was bought they the scrooges in the VRO (vehicle registration office ) took the vat of me the second time

and in germany to ride the bike back you have to have a export plate another load of palaver .... when i bought a second hand GS800 in Berlin I just brought a PLATE and drove it home (in november at -4 deg c )

thanks for the intrest

gunner

No vat due if bike is six months old and has 6000 km /3750 miles on clock. And as said if you are using it off road then you dont need to worry about vrt because it is "vehicle registeration tax" and you wont register it.

GS800

Is this a Cork thing !
If its a wee b it special , let see ,
If its an R80 , i know a gentleman that may well be in the Market.

the crying has now stopped

I went into the nice man in BMW Cork Kearys their official opening is January and have now bought a HP2 -- must go and ambush Santa to get the cash have a Good one All i am now off to the BMW Party in Lisbon and see the bike before the dakar starts

Gunner

re: the civil one BMW GS800 pic

whats the CAJA about I clicked the site but it is only a holding page

Gunner

Attachments

• PgBMW.jpg
    PgBMW.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 589

Back
Top Bottom