Help! How do I wipe the waypoints from my 2610?

sproggy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I uploaded a database of all French speed cameras as waypoints (from here: http://www.alertegps.com/) into my Streetpilot 2610 and now want to remove them - there are hundreds of them and they make searching for waypoints I actually want very difficult and are not much use now I'm back in the UK. Deleting them one by one is NOT an option as I can't spare the several hours it would take! Also every other waypoint I've ever entered is still in there and I don't want most of those either.

According to the Help in Mapsource all waypoints 'should' be removed when I upload new maps and/or new maps, waypoints and routes, but this doesn't happen - the list of waypoints just gets longer and longer!

Does anyone know a way to completely wipe the card? I don't have a card reader on my PC so I need a solution that is achievable through the 2610 and/or Mapsource. I'm using Unit software version 4.40 (the latest) and also the latest incarnation of Mapsource - 6.9.1.

Thanks.

AFAIK you can delete the waypoints all in one go without messing with the data card. Then just reload the waypoints from another file. Just looked at the website and they're waypoints. If you've every single waypoint in one file then produce some more eg UK only France and have the waypoints appropiate to the area in the file. HTH

Plus you can download maps via the usb into the 2610 and while it's not very fast, it's miles quicker than doing it on an SP3.

You delete waypoints on a 2610 (Nav II) by going into the waypoints list and then hit the menu button. There's a 'delete all' option. This is the same for routes too. go into route list and then hit the menu button.

iangough said:
You delete waypoints on a 2610 (Nav II) by going into the waypoints list and then hit the menu button. There's a 'delete all' option.

Unbelievably simple - it never occured to me to hit the menu button while in that list. Thanks very much!

You delete waypoints on a 2610 (Nav II) by going into the waypoints list and then hit the menu button. There's a 'delete all' option. This is the same for routes too. go into route list and then hit the menu button.

Brilliant

I thank you.................:bow:bow

I love the search button in this place....................saved me hours of frustration

Back
Top Bottom