Fitting full-size left system case

Grizzly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I would like to be able to use a full-size LH system case for longer trips using a dropped or lower silencer, but be able to revert to the high silencer & use the smaller case for weekends & day-to-day use. I know Motorworks sell a kit but does anyone have any other info. I don't want to change to alloy cases or similar at present.:confused:

I've seen it done a couple of times.The l/h RT/RS case mounts differently on the back of the pillion peg,so you have to chop that up or make a new one.I wouldn't bother myself,seems a lot of work to get a few extra litres of luggage space.What's wrong with the motoworks stuff?

anyone know how these larger lids work? do you drill out the hinge rivetts and replace them ? and how much are they ?

Grizzly

Mine had these fitted when I bought it. Everything you need is in my loft (got ally boxes now). PM me if you're interested in a deal.

Mick :thumb

Big lids

Spend about £140 + drill out the rivets + bolt on the new lids onto the "old" carcass with the supplied bolts, washers and locknuts = 6 litres a side extra.

The only slightly difficult bit is not having a drill + bit combination that's too long. Just need some extra inners then!

Now that we're on this subject, anyone got a set of 'City' lids they want to part with. Mine are the biggest variant and I would like the option of something smaller, sometimes. (No, the big ones will not be for sale, before you ask!)

Ta!

Big ones

Squidbrain said:
Grizzly

Mine had these fitted when I bought it. Everything you need is in my loft (got ally boxes now). PM me if you're interested in a deal.

Mick :thumb

Hi Mick
What exactly is lurkin in your loft. Cases with big lids or a bigger L/H conversion. Whatever you have can you PM me with details and a price.

Al :)

City Lids

Little Red Rooster ,

I have a set of City Lids if you are still interested,

Steady Eddie

Back
Top Bottom