1150 Wheel Cleaning

Adam

Reaction score
Every time I wash my bike, I spend about an hour cleaning the bike then about 2 hours cleaning the bloody wheels!

Is there a safe product out there that removes the grime off the rims easily without staining the metalwork. I have tested paint on type cleaner solutions, but they stain the rims, and then I have to polish them out with Autoglym metal polish.

Any suggestions? :(

Autoglym bike cleaner is what I use. Still takes bloody ages though. Got a brush from Halfords, that cleans the spokes, reasonably well., for about £2. Little thing....red..., can't be more specific. :thumb What I haven't mastered is cleaning the hubs.

bollocks to that!

bollocks8ba.jpg

cookie said:
bollocks to that!

bollocks8ba.jpg

YEEEEEUUUURRRRGGGHHHHH :eek: :eek:

Even my 'ride to work in winter' bike is cleaner than that !! :eek

that's my posh bike :D

i must do something about those shiny spots :mmmm

Ask Santa for some "Alloys":D:thumb

Attachments

• IMG_2681 (4).JPG
    IMG_2681 (4).JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 659
Im with Cookie on this :D
DSCF0009.jpg

might clean it today just in time for christmas :mmmm

Pete A

might clean it today just in time for christmas :mmmm
Are you mad! That bike is spotless! :D
I`ve gone for seasonal Lawrence Llewellin disguise the dirt with frippery option :thumb

Attachments

• winter Patrick.jpg
    winter Patrick.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 636
This thread should carry a warning to those of use who are of a 'clean bike disposition'.......... :eek

I don't feel well now :help :barf

WARNING THIS THREAD IS DOWN RIGHT GRUBBY! ;)

This thread should carry a warning to those of use who are of a 'clean bike disposition'.......... :eek
....................... :thumb

Bollox to everything posted here! The real GSers GS's wheels should look permanently like this:

DSCN8796.jpg

DSCN8793.jpg

DSCN8795.jpg

It's a real men's tank to face hard reality, not a regular pussybike! :thumb For polishing and other homosexual activities get the GSX-R or R1 or similar :D :D :D

Cheers, Margus :beerjug:

Cleaning Wheels & hubs

Pressure wash & diluted traffic film remover

Don't leave TFR on too long, 30 to 60 seconds, then pressure off, then spray with WD40.

;)

Nowt wrong wiv a dirty bike. It reflects the owners mind ;)

Attachments

• @bike.jpg
    @bike.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 386

Back
Top Bottom