Norway August 2006

stephenenglish

I am starting to make arrangements to make another trip to the great Jotunheimen forest and mountain area of Norway on my GS. :thumb

The dates (to be confirmed) will be departing Newcastle Thursday 24th August to Kristiansand returning via Bergen to Newcastle Friday 1st September.

I personally prefer 1st class accommodation on outbound and return ferry trip, along with quality stop over hotel in Oslo and also on return stopover. The accommodation at Jotunheimen is excellent log cabins and food.

I ride solo on knobblies, stick to the speed limits and don’t stop too often.

I have ridden a number of fantastic routes over 3 days around the Jotunheimen area, the routes are suitable for experienced or beginners.

If anyone else is interested in joining me please post reply and I will post further agenda and cost details.

Stephen

When you say that you do not stop too often. What does that mean? If it means that you do over 350 miles every day that can be a long day at national speed limits.
Otherwise sounds good

Pencil me in, awaiting price and vacation approval!

Hi Stephen!

I'll make a note in my calendar, so we can meet not too far from Oslo one of the first days you are over here!

Keep you eyes open for a blue Scarver! :)

:) Liv.

Me and two mates are planning to do Norway maybes late May or maybes that time. Pencil me in and get back to me a few months before and I'll let you know.

Three Geordies btw. Dunno if that's a good thing :thumb

Interested and dates accom is fine, however I don't have knobblies and usually carry a pillion, don't want to cramp anybodies style, however very willing to plagiarise any travel plans that exist. PLease keep me posted.

We did the Picos last year a thoroughly enjoyed it.

Photos fantastic by the way

Norway - Jotunheimen 2006 Agenda update

I now have the agenda, routes and costing put together.

The dates for the trip are:
Leaving Newcastle
15h00 Thursday 24th August 2006

Arriving back Newcastle
11h30 Friday 1st September 2006

Costs for ferry and accommodations approximately £500 Fuel & tolls extra.
I will forward the agenda that includes all details required to make your own bookings.

I have ridden a number of fantastic routes around the Jotunheimen area, the routes are suitable for experienced or beginners. This is a GREAT trip.

For those interested send me a personal mail as soon as possible and I will send all the details over the next few days.

We only have 40 places; I will also be inviting some guys and girls from Sweden GS group.

Any questions, best ask for agenda first.

Best regards :thumb
Stephen

Norway August 2006 agenda

We are looking to make up a group of 40 people. Everyone is welcome.

Basically it’s everyone’s own responsibility to arrange and pay for their transportation to the event. I am offering the attached agenda that I will be following as a guide.
I have personally booked my ferry and accommodations as indicated in the agenda

If you find this interesting send me a personal message and at this stage I will simply add your name to list without obligation.

If you wish to proceed immediately, send me your name for the list and get your ferry or transportation booked as soon as possible. The earlier you book, the cheaper it is.

In a few weeks or before if required, I will contact the names on the list to discuss individual accommodation requirements.

Don’t miss out; get your name on the list.

Best regards
Stephen.
:thumb

Attachments

• Norway August 2006 Agenda UKGSer 01.pdf
    126.5 KB · Views: 138
Hi Stephenenglish!

-Are you coming to Oslo this Friday? You and 20 others?
-Do you stay the night in Oslo?

-Perhaps we can meet?
Knut (k-nut) and I are living here, so perhaps we can have a meal and a pint or two, or just pop in with our bikes?

Please tell me what hotel you are staying at!
And it would be nice to know who is coming; Knut and I met some from UKGS'er at Hograost in july! :beer:

Cheers!
Liv.

l-syulle@online.no /or text me at 0047 9701 3238.

Back
Top Bottom