Arai Tour X

mranner

Lusting after the Arai Tour X in J&S Watford. 299gbp less 10% discount seems a good deal but any of you GSers bought one yet ? My slippery smooth Shoei get a right buffereing (even with Givi screen) so want to know if the Tour Xs peak and chin bar make things even worse.
M

mranner said:
Lusting after the Arai Tour X in J&S Watford. 299gbp less 10% discount seems a good deal but any of you GSers bought one yet ? My slippery smooth Shoei get a right buffereing (even with Givi screen) so want to know if the Tour Xs peak and chin bar make things even worse.
M
Hit the search button up above and put arai tour x in the search field, it'll throw up extensive discusion and a couple of reviews from those who have bought them. I seem to remember only positives.

I bought one before christmas and it's excellent. It's much quieter than my old Quantum F. I find that up to about 100mph there's no buffeting and after that it's not to much.

The only down side is that it suffers a bit from misting, but I normally use Fog City inserts and they don't do one for the Tour X (yet).

I normally use a Dianese Ergon which on the GS is bloody noisy. when I ride with my motocross lid with goggles, I hardly get any buffeting or noise. The only problem is , crosser gear is not ideal for a road bike. I too am interested in an Tour X for these reasons as I rekon it might be less noisy. Pity about the lack of fog city though, I swear by them

( Having my remus ,Y and K&N fitted next week, bring on spring....)

Marcus.:D

ARai Tour x

I've had mine about 3 months and it's brilliant... no more buffet than any other I've used, and brill quality.

Try Andy Hutch at 1st Motocross... 01530 813000

He'll do you a good deal

Get one!

Will Statt

Bought one for myself at Xmas - great helmet, looks soooo cool in silver with chrome visor.
No more buffeting than any other helmet - you only notice it at high speed if you turn your head.

Agree with markwarrener, misting is a problem but soon clears if you leave it 'unlocked' so a little air can get under the visor.

I will be trawling through the Fog City rack at my local shop soon - I'm sure there will be one that is a close enough match to do the job!

Fog City on Tour X

Just went to Fowlers Motorcycles and they said that although there's no Fog City for the Tour X the XFM will fit. The only problem is that it's quite a bit smaller than the visor, so it would give a smaller visible

I'v had mine about two months, the best lid I have had yet, a Foggy Mask will actually fit but I suppose it depends on the shape of your face, but mine fits very well.

Back
Top Bottom