Cevennes, France.

Howard Millichap

Reaction score
Track log & photo. (or not)
Find this track on your map and you will be in a very scenic area with lots of GSable tracks. Some are actually shown on the mapsource France R&R.
In fact I found the whole region very good for road riding as well.

Attachments

• hoppermap.jpg
    hoppermap.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
Opening files

Not being the most computer literate person around,this is probably blindingly obvious, seem to be able to download them ok but don't appear to have any thing to open them with.:confused: :confused:
Can anyone help???

Steve:p :p

".mps file means it's a Garmin Mapsource File, which can only be opened with this program... As far as I know this program is
delivered with the GPS and can't be downloaded for free (legaly)"

thus spoke a programmer....:D

Zwerver
that's a familiar dialect, what part of the shire are you from.

Many thanks zwerver for your reply:)

I have the Garmin etrex legend, from what you are saying does this mean I need the mapsource CD ROM to get the necessary software. I did read the owner's manual (honest) but could not find the relevent information.

Thanks Steve.....

Steve H,
Try the Garmin website. You may be able to download from there. I certainly have, to update my software to the latest version (3.07).
You will also find that your Legend software version has/needs to be updated. Do it whilst you're there.

Garmin Mapsource now upto version 4.08. I've had 4.07 crash a couple of times whilst trying to plot a route from Narbonne to Rennes-le-Chateau.

Howard this doesn´t appear to be a map of Les Cevennes - I am off there in two weeks and am route planning now. If you have any routes (I am now a proud GPS SPIII owner, thanks to a bit of help from Paul (aka Notadrop)) or hot road tips that would be great.

bob

Spanish Bob said:
Howard this doesn´t appear to be a map of Les Cevennes - I am off there in two weeks and am route planning now. If you have any routes (I am now a proud GPS SPIII owner, thanks to a bit of help from Paul (aka Notadrop)) or hot road tips that would be great.

bob

I've no idea how an OS map excert has got onto that post. I have never scanned an OS map into my PC.
I'll attempt to repost the file below.

Attachments

• cevennes offroad.mps
    35.7 KB · Views: 73
Howard Millichap said:
I've no idea how an OS map excert has got onto that post. I have never scanned an OS map into my PC.
I'll attempt to repost the file below.
I do, when the server move took place all piccies posted PRIOR to this got screwed and it resulted in spurious piccies appearing with incorrect posts. Just like this - look around at posts from way back the piccie and text associtations can be quite amusing. :D

cheers Howard

Your honour do you have any route/coordinates for the Bunkhouse in Kent?

bob

Knew it couldn´t be that simple.

cant open it due to non compatibility betweeen versions - i have map source 4.10.

bollocks

Try a program called GPS Utility from here:-

http://www.gpsu.co.uk/

It allows you to import & export .mps files to your GPS, completely by-passing Garmin software. I have the original non routing Streetpilot, so I do my routing using MS Autoroute, then save & transfer the route using GPS Utility. It's quick & works a treat.

Download the free trial version -it may well solve your problem.

Spanish Bob said:
Knew it couldn´t be that simple.

cant open it due to non compatibility betweeen versions - i have map source 4.10.

bollocks
Mapsource 4.1? BOLLOX! You've just bought the damned thing - get on the blower or electric telegraph to Garmin Support and get them to send you V5 CD's gratis - Costco must've been sitting on those pups a while.

GPS Info

Got mine from Costco ( Manchester) a few weeks ago. Came with Mapsource V5.0.

Keith

Mr Tickle

How do you save the route from Autoroute ? I can save but it just saves the map

Cheers

Simon

judge said:
Maybe why? What's it worth to ya? A man's gotta eat and be able to feed and clothe his family :D

you can be my personal GPS consultant?!?!

and worth every penny I am sure.

Have just emailed Garmin Europe to see what they say. What a bummer. That software has been out for months! Oh well I´ll weedle the software out of them.

cheers

bob

PS we dont shoot messengers bearing bad news anymore, we just ask for a healthy discount on their COR!

why not send me half the coordinates now and the other half later when I can afford it?

Back
Top Bottom