Piran, Slovenia

Nicko

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Thinking about spending a couple of days here next year.
Hotel Piran seems recommended but I'm sure I've read somewhere that you have to park outside the town and walk/bus in.

Is this correct and if so can you arrange secure parking anywhere?

Thanks for any replies

jonny boxer is the man to talk to, but the wife and I were there on the GS last year, stayed outside the town in a guest house, but staying in Piran would have been much better, there is parking along side hotel Piran but on publick roads, but every one was telling us that it is all pretty safe, we parked there a couple of days and no hassle at all, Good bet. :thumb

Chris

Cheers Beacon for the :thumb

Hotel Piran, is your best bet to stay in.

Stayed there 3 or 4 times and never had any bother (except a parking ticket in 2004, but binned that)

Hotel Piran is comfortable, but go for a sea facing room with balcony.

Hotel Piran has a small parking lot opposite the rear entrance road in a public/private square but chain your bike up and you'll be ok, we've never had any problems whatsoever (no lager louts here)

Bikes are allowed into Piran on a completely free access basis, but cars aren't, except for locals with permits

Something to 'whet' your appetite..............the view from the balcony of our room @ Hotel Piran

Attachments

• IMG_1166.JPG
    IMG_1166.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 211
Looking out to sea from Hotel Piran.................towards Venice

Attachments

• IMG_1170.JPG
    IMG_1170.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 214
Thanks for the info fellas.

Looks like its Hotel Piran - Johnny B those photos are fantastic.

Beacon - think i met you outside HG shop in Leeds last Spring - you have the same colour GS as me. I recall you said you were going to Slovenia that summer and I made a mental note to research it for 2006 trip (which I'm now doing).

Have you (or anybody else) got any other advice/tips ? How easy is it to find accommodation in the Alpine area?

And the Julian Alps are stunning :)

Attachments

• ScreenShot045.jpg
    ScreenShot045.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 186
Ellis and i toured Slovenia in 2004 and loved the place. Stayed in Piran which has some excellent sea view restaurants, bars and an `interesting` night club. Visited Predjama Castle which is amazing and Lake Bled. Lubliajana also worth a visit especially along the river front.

iaing said:
Looks really nice. :thumb

Is there anything special required to cross the border from Italy?

Nothing needed leaving Italy, got asked to see my passport by the italian border guards when I returned :)

hotels are always easy to fined, we had a problem in the Capital (cant spell it) and had to park a long way out side but no big deal, Nicko send me a Pm and we can have a chat,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom