Manchester GMEX Bike Show..6th - 8th Jan 2006

Tarka

Reaction score
It`s the GMEX Bike Show this weekend.
I always find it to be the best show for buying bike gear and accessories from.

I`m going on Saturday with Glambabe.

Anyone else going ????????

Yep, after going to Williams to part ex the current bike for a 1150 Adventure :D

If I'm feeling glad and want to look sad I'll keep the bike kit on, even though the better half is giving me a lift to the show from Williams.

Wonder if there'll be any bargains going?

Hoping to go after work tomorrow (Friday). As it's my first day it may not look too good pushing to finish a meeting early so i can go and play. Whatever.

Sadly bike still in Ireland so workwear only for me.

last time I went was maybe 5 years ago but picked up a pair of IXS leather pants for £30 which I still wear. Looking out for a flip face lid this time.

I should be there sometime on Saturday morning...... Looking for a BT010 front tyre for less than £45 :rolleyes:

Myself and Kirst One will be there early doors Saturday looking for some riding gear ( waterproof -not necessarily lined as i have some good thermal kit). If it is nice, on the GS otherwise train(why if it is nice? I'm looking for bad weather riding kit and am not riding there in the nude!). See youse there.
HENRY

Wasted a tenner getting in this lunchtime, spent half an hour wandering aimlessly looking at the usual 'Nitro' and GJC or whatever crap they are offloading, quite a few stalls selling very dodgy cheapo riding gear, tool stalls selling spanners that'd be more use of made of plasticine, well you get my drift......
did buy muc off 5 litres at BOGOF, so £20 for 10 litres, other than that,,,,,tat

Thanks for that, cos I was considering going on Sunday but probably won't bother now, unless I can escape from the wife and kids :rolleyes:

-may go to the Harley Davidson shop near Chester instead ;)

the manchester show is always crap and the chester harley shop is long gone unless they moved sorry

cral said:
the manchester show is always crap

....in your opinion.
On the other hand,I`ve always enjoyed it...and found plenty of things to see and buy (at good prices) ... whereas I detest the NEC Show vehemently and wouldn`t go to it nowadays even if you paid for me to get in.

cral said:
and the chester harley shop is long gone unless they moved sorry

Moved to Junction 9 ( I fink ) of the M53 ..the junction for Cheshire Oaks.
Rushy went a while ago and it was only a kind of office type set up....but it may have a showroom now.

For Harley and Buell,you`d probably be better off going to Manchester Harley Davidson (actually in Stockport) near Junction 27 of the M60.

That bloody show! Bloody girls wandering around with next to nothing on :peach:

Then I end up buying a hydraulic bike lift for £305, Then we ended up in a pub :beer: and missed 3 trains back home…

A bloody disastrous day, what am I going to tell the wife about that lift :confused: that’s IT, I’m not going back again...

cral said:
the manchester show is always crap and the chester harley shop is long gone unless they moved sorry

Junction 9 opposite side of the M53 from the Cheshire Oaks shopping centre
( ie next to the LEXUS garage). Plenty of parking.

Has a small showroom now...and also a cafe 20 yards away :thumb

Nearly bought a Buell but chickened out at the last moment and kept triumph Speed triple and bought a G/S :eek:

One word CRAP, save your tenner and your petrol/train cost, go to your dealer and bargin, they operate with at least a 33% mark up and buisness is quiet at his time of year and they need to shift unsold stock, it works, I've just got a new set of revitt leathers two piece for under £300 and got £100 trade in for my old ones and no I neither elfin like or jumbo sized.! :D

I need kit for a run in a few weeks time and so took heed of the posts and stayed in trawling the web (i think surfing may be a bit ambicious{you know what i mean}). Nice new jacket and leggings on way along with Oxford Handlebar Muffs. All at sale prices, minus the haggling.
HENRY

Well, it was deffo worth the tenner for me....... I bumped into people I've not seen since last summer, had a great time chatting/watching the totty & got a pair of BT010's for £130. Also picked up some decent tools for a good price so it was just a shame that the weather was so crap.

Ditto.....I had a good day yesterday,so did Glambabe and her daughter.

We got some genuine bargains,and met some auld acquaintances too :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom