Sugarcube & Jockser crash in the desert

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
into each other :tosser :tosser

Text message received today..........

Did the Sahara today. Fcuk me. I'm knackered. 45 miles. Got the hang of it after falling off a few times. T-boned Jochen after he got out of shape. Beak damaged a little and Jochens lhs pannier bent a bit out of shape. Was steering with the rear in no time. Gotmy confidence and there was no stopping me.

Well until he hit Jockser that is :D :D :D

Aidan1150 said:
into each other :tosser :tosser

Text message received today..........

Did the Sahara today. Fcuk me. I'm knackered. 45 miles. Got the hang of it after falling off a few times. T-boned Jochen after he got out of shape. Beak damaged a little and Jochens lhs pannier bent a bit out of shape. Was steering with the rear in no time. Gotmy confidence and there was no stopping me.

Well until he hit Jockser that is :D :D :D

Hope they're both ok.........

Wide open spaces...eh!! and no other traffic?????????

Oh they're both OK Johnny, but it's gonna be a good long time till they're allowed to forget this one. Tossers. :D

Note to self..... always let Errol go in front....... well in front :D

Oh dear

Got this text message from Sugarcube Saturday night;

We had a bad day today. Left Tinehir to go through Todra Gorge and up the High Atlas mountains. Reached 8900ft. The weather turned on us and the mountain became unpassable. We had to turn back but it was blizzard conditions by now and it too had become unpassable. I was running low on fuel and we got some in a container at a small village called Agoudal. Locals were a bit intimidating. Took 5.5 hours to go 55 miles. Hairpin bends with sheer drops in snow and ice. Not good. Will assess bike damage tomorrow when light. In bed now. Relieved to have got out of that situation. Will keep you posted.

No word yet today as to how they are, but the SMS seems to be somewhat patchy. Stand by for updates when they arrive.

Aidan

6-50pm Sunday update

Text message received...........

We spent the morning fixing the bikes. Mine is OK. Engine bars and panniers saved it. Nice dent in the exhaust though. Jochen is a different story. LHS cylinder head broken and cover gouged, RHS cylinder cover slightly gouged. 1 bash plate broken, front LHS pannier dented, inside front corner of RHS pannier dented. Left Tinehir @ 1pm headed southwest to some village 40 miles west of Ourzazate. Stopped early as sunlight was painful as we were heading west on dangerous roads.

Thankfully apart from some minor machine damage, all are well. :thumb

Aidan

7.25pm Sunday update

Another text message this evening.............

All 3 bikes were low on oil. Sorted this morning. Jochen is OK. He had nightmares last night about it all. Didnt sleep well. I was out like a light. We are both sore and tired but it could have been a lot worse. It doesnt bear thinking about us getting an injury, puncture, bike failure last night.

Seems like last nights adventure has come home to roost now. :eek:

Aidan

Like Erroll says, it could have been a lot worse. Dents and cylinder covers can be repaired easily enough :) Glad everybody's OK, safe journey lads.

doh!

i just cant keep up here! - too much work on, damnit!
any news?
what progress?
is all well with bikes and riders?
are they on the way home?

Og.
i'm not slow~ i'm "special" :rolleyes:

Jocken is on way home, planning to shiop bike from Spain to Ireland. Steve (Activmoto) from our group is also on way back. Errol and Brian are heading south and spent last night at Goulimeme about 80 miles north of Simon and I who were on the beach at Tan Tan Plage. Real t shirt weather today.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom