collector box or connecting tube

Triple T

I have an 1100GS with a non cat collector box and a remus viper race can.I have been told that the remus connector tube will give me more noise & power,can anybody confirm or deny this?

How'd you do that then.I thought all the 1100's had one piece exhausts,all the ones I've seen have got the collector and silencer welded as one big bit. Has someone been at yours with a hacksaw by any chance, or are you just talking bollox:confused:

collector box,etc

Right,are we all listening?Good,then Ill begin.The standard pipe is all one piece,right? Remus do a baffled collector box and a can seperately.I have this set up on my bike,but they also do a connector pipe instead of this box,which supposedly gives u a bit more power and noise than the box. My question was does anybody know about this,and is the information right?Thanks for all the helpful comments so far!!!

Triple T,

Yep,

Got the Remus connecting tube on mine along with a Remus race Silencer.
remus_tube.jpg

More power?...Possibly a little.

Louder?...definately much louder and deeper routier tones. Makes me smile anyway.

Worht doing if only becuase you lose the weight of the collector and the things acts as one big "shit Magnet" anyway.

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

collector box,etc

Thanks for the reply Simon.You are absolutely right about the shit magnet!Its nice to see somebody trying to be helpful,instead of talking a load of bollox,especially when they dont seem to know what the f**k they are talking about.

Cheers

Tony

Ah,That'll be me talking total bollox then,if you'd have said you had a remus centre box,we'd have all known what you were on about.but you didn't,did you! We'll have to sit down one day and talk shatter wave pulse extraction capacities of titainium seamless tube in exhaust construction,and whether it's as good as they say or not.I've only been building exhausts for race and rally cars for the past twenty years,and would value your imput. If you want to know about exhausts,let's have all the facts,don't go getting all your handbags out at some one trying to get a bit of info of you,I'm only trying to help.

handbags

I am so sorry,my mistake!I feel humbled,lucky for me that simon knew what I was talking about.I would love to meet up and talk about shatter wave pulse extraction capacities sometime...no really I would,though Im not sure how much help my "imput" would help!!

Cheers

Tony

Back
Top Bottom