Another new GS1200 Owner

Lizard

Hi everybody......I'm also new the the forum, even though I have been browsing for a while.

I have just taken the plunge and ordered a 2006 model Granite grey GS1200 with panniers, top box and engine bars, and opted for the alloy wheels. I collect it on 24 January.

This was a huge decision for me (isn't it for everyone!) given these damned things are so expensive!!!! The toughest part of the deal was parting with my much loved Black GS1150, which I purchased new in 2002. I travelled 76,000km on it and it never missed a beat - I was in need of a change and after checking out a few of the opposition, the GS1200 is the obvious choice. I am really looking forward to enjoying another GS, lighter and more advanced.

Are there any others out there who had butterflies parting with their existing 1150?

Welcome,Lizard :thumb

You`ll probably kick off a right old forum session with that last question.... :D

....'Regrets......I`ve had a few............' :D :D :D

1150 Change

I have just recently had to make the same decision, I wanted to change my 2001 1150GS with 40,000 miles on the clock.

I chose a new 1150 GSA special edition. I collected it last week and I am very very happy with it. I have managed to put 70 miles on the clock so far, so hopefully many more enjoyable miles.

I paid the same as what a new 1200 would have cost me, so why did I choose the 1150? Well, I know the 1200 is newer, faster and lighter but I just like the look of the 1150 GSA, especially in the unique White! Also the 1150 is fast enough for me and luckily, I am tall enough to be able to touch the floor.

You will be well happy with your 1200 just like I am with my new 1150.

Another way I look at it! - My old bike will be somebody else's pride and joy and will last many more years! We don't need the latest 10 grand bike but if we can afford it why not. Its a bike and all bikes are ace.

Lizard said:
Hi everybody......I'm also new the the forum, even though I have been browsing for a while.

I have just taken the plunge and ordered a 2006 model Granite grey GS1200

Welcome to the loony bin :thumb

didn't they have any bikes with top coat left :D

Lizard said:
This was a huge decision for me (isn't it for everyone!) given these damned things are so expensive!!!!

Tell me about! Tell you what though, I've not regretted it for one instant.

Enjoy, and welcome to the site :beerjug:

Andres

Changing an 1150 for a 1200

I did exactly as you have done and every day that I ride my 1200GS I know that I made the right decision. My 1150 (in a beautiful blue and white) was difficult to part with but really it was a matter of the road tests that I had read etc; and the fact that, at that moment I could afford it!
You will notice the extra urge of the 1200 and it feels much lighter to fling around as well as when parking etc; The brakes are superb with servo and ABS. I was about to give my usual piece of advice about specifying the heated grips then I noticed that you were in Australia. The very best of luck! Brian

Back
Top Bottom