Metzeler 'H' rated or 'V' rated

graham h

Reaction score
Currently available are the above two types of tyre,the 'H' rated i can get for £94.77 pair plus P&P. The 'V' rated at £103.73

Now the question,What is the difference in Grip,Tyre life,or is there little in it other than £9? :nenau

I await your expert knowledge :bow

graham h said:
Currently available are the above two types of tyre,the 'H' rated i can get for £94.77 pair plus P&P. The 'V' rated at £103.73
Where can you get them at that price? Please share.

Mike

'H' rated was discontinued last year according to my distributor. Must be an old tyre, methinks.
Did you really mean £94.77 A PAIR???? Or £94.77 for a rear? If you meant that just for a rear, look in the Bargain Forum - I bought a pair of 'V' rated Tourances for £140 last week.

i read that V rated tyres sometimes have less tread than H equivelants of the same tyre.

H will do me, there's no way my bike will hit 130mph unless i drive off beachy head. i suspect higher rated tyres would not be much help :D

littleredrooster said:
'H' rated was discontinued last year according to my distributor. Must be an old tyre, methinks.
Did you really mean £94.77 A PAIR???? Or £94.77 for a rear? If you meant that just for a rear, look in the Bargain Forum - I bought a pair of 'V' rated Tourances for £140 last week.

Prices as follows 'H' rated front £40.29 rear £54 48 = £94.77

'V'rated front £42.24 rear £61.49 = £103.73

p&p £10 from www.mynetmoto.com

and in stock which helps :clap

graham h said:
Prices as follows 'H' rated front £40.29 rear £54 48 = £94.77

'V'rated front £42.24 rear £61.49 = £103.73

p&p £10 from www.mynetmoto.com

and in stock which helps :clap
Be careful. Don't trust their £ prices - these are very unrepresentative of the real exchange rate. You are billed in Euros.

So the bill for 2 V rated tyres is as follows:

152,64 €
+ 16% VAT : ... 24,42 €
+ Shipping : ... 15.00 €
General total : ... 192.06 €

At today's exchange rate of 1.38 this is £139 - the same price Littleredrooster paid in the UK.

A short ride up the road to Sandbach and you can get a fitted pair for about £160 from Steve at F&B. You will end up paying that anyway if you aren't going to fit them yourself.

Mike

They're cheaper than that fitted at Nat Tyres in Barnsley.

1200 needs V , 1150 uses H as its not as fast, the V is a higher rated tyre.

Back
Top Bottom