Garmin 2720

legger

Anybody got one of these yet, Garmin 2720, supposed to be the dogs danglies, thinking about bolting one to the new 1200 Adv, info would be nice, IE cheapest, and where from.

Andy

legger said:
Anybody got one of these yet, Garmin 2720, supposed to be the dogs danglies, thinking about bolting one to the new 1200 Adv, info would be nice, IE cheapest, and where from.

Andy

Andy search in this forum and the subject has been dealt with earlier. Also look at the thread started by Alec Muffett in this forum.
The cradle holder is same 2610/2720.

Suggest you look at these parts,

RAM-HOL-GA9 (cradle for 2610/2720)
RAM-B-149 (stainless steel U-bolt) or RAM-B-149Z (zinc U-bolt)
RAP-319 shim adaptor may be useful as well around the oval rail.

Budget on spending .. £35

You may be need a power/audio cable as well.

RAM-man

Thinking of Woody's thread on the 2610, it might be worth pointing out that the 2720 will not accept a 24v input (well, it will, but won't work for long! :D )

Greg

legger said:

Andy

I got one for Christmas and have actually returned it for a 276C as I felt it would work for me better. I used a 2610 in the UK and honestly they are so similar save yourselve the money. The 2730 is now out here and that would be useful if I still commuted massively but the 276C will work for me, especially as I can still use it when back in the UK.

i've used one for an our or so. my initial impressions as a 2610 owner were:

better GUI. a bit more grown up than the 2610, more windows like.

higher res screen is nice

calculating time seemed about the same as 2610 on the one route i entered.

seemingly less facility to tailor routes by road preference?

you get a nice cover that goes over the screen

i also think the price difference is not that bad if you take into account the fact it's got all maps pre loaded, so you don't have to buy a 2GB flash card for £75+

you can enter postcodes directly into it :bounce1

i don't expect to be upgrading myself at this stage.

Re 2720

Thanks guys, im still no nearer to making my mind up....i have had the Bmw nav ii, apart from it breaking down when i came to load my first root in Reims, France (which i spent a month producing) it also got damp inside behind the screen, i returned it to Bmw after my Hols they gave me a full refund, is there an alternative apart from the 2610 or the 2720.

Andy

legger said:
Thanks guys, im still no nearer to making my mind up....i have had the Bmw nav ii, apart from it breaking down when i came to load my first root in Reims, France (which i spent a month producing) it also got damp inside behind the screen, i returned it to Bmw after my Hols they gave me a full refund, is there an alternative apart from the 2610 or the 2720.

Andy

Cheap Quest ......... :D

Back
Top Bottom