Rivington Barn

Tarka

Reaction score
What`s Rivvy Barn like this time of year ???

Worth a trip ?

I was contemplating popping over tomorrow...

nice, but needing some creosote and a bit of pointing

Attachments

• barn.jpg
    barn.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 265
tarka said:
What`s Rivvy Barn like this time of year ???

Worth a trip ?

I was contemplating popping over tomorrow...

If the weather's like today should have a reasonable turn out. Been turning up there since my BSA Bantam days. Worth a trip if sun stays out.

I was born in Bolton and lived in and around the area until I was 16. I remember Rivington Barn fondly. Haven't thought about the place for years so must arrange a trip up there one weekend.

Mike

Met up with a couple of mates there today at the lower barn cafe. There were maybe a dozen bikes or so and the cafe was packed with walkers and cyclists. The big barn where the bikes meet is only open on Sundays and one weekday, can't remember which one. Its usually pretty busy all year round, weather permitting.

Dennis Crompton said:
What time will you be there

Hi Dennis....
I`ve had a change of plan for tomorrow,so won`t be going,but I`ll PM you in advance of any future time I`m going if you want to meet up,yeah ?

Called Sunday at 3.00pm on way home, about 100 bikes there, including 5 GS one of which was from the Wirrel, tatty 800 obviously not one of yours.

Dennis Crompton said:
including 5 GS one of which was from the Wirrel, tatty 800 obviously not one of yours.

Sounds like one of Kenny's

Back
Top Bottom