Oi who lives in East Anglia then and Wot do yer ride ?

needlongerlegs

Reaction score
(motorcycle wise)

Me a three year old Yella R1150GS (passed its first MOT on Saturday) and I live in Felixstowe. Suffolk.

Oooo and me real names Graham

Just thought I'd ask

G....

6 Month-Old Adv, in Silver
2 Year Old Fireblade, in Black
3 Year Old TT600 Trackbike, in Silver Hammerite

Oi who lives in East Anglia then and Wot do yer ride ?

Me too. Just south of Cambridge ridin a Titan Silver 1150GS which is having its 1st MOT today.
Happy Birthday too you, Happy Birthday to you, HappyBirthday GS, Happy Birthday to you. --How silly !!!!! :D :D :D

Well, Bedford gets included in the Eastern Region but doesn't strictly count as East Anglia . . .

so, to compensate, Lisa and I will venture to Black Notley, near Braintree, this weekend and take up temporary domesticity within the zone. Anybody up for a little ride out Sunday morning?

I'll be on my blue & white 1150GS; she'll be on her mandarin yellow F650GS.

And, er, mine name's Simon and hers is, er, Lisa.

Scarning (but not the financial district)

DFS sofa (currently) & newly re-radiatored scabby Cavalier.

Adventure, Tourateched to within an inch of its life, soon........

MikeO:D

Simon Eassom said:
so, to compensate, Lisa and I will venture to Black Notley, near Braintree, this weekend and take up temporary domesticity within the zone. Anybody up for a little ride out Sunday morning?

Most Definately.

Mrs Animals TT has been bought out of Hibernation, so it's about time she took it for a proper run.

Anyone else up for this ??

How about meeting somewhere round St Ives / Huntingdon, then going for:
Soham
Newmarket
Haverhill
Finchingfield
Biggleswade
...then on the the B660/B645 if anyone has any engery left.

Animal said:
Most Definately.

Mrs Animals TT has been bought out of Hibernation, so it's about time she took it for a proper run.

Anyone else up for this ??

How about meeting somewhere round St Ives / Huntingdon, then going for:
Soham
Newmarket
Haverhill
Finchingfield
Biggleswade
...then on the the B660/B645 if anyone has any engery left.

Sean:
Your itinerary/route would have been ideal if we were still in Bedford, but we're travelling down to Braintree on Saturday. Maybe we could meet up at lunchtime in Haverhill after your morning ride. That might suit anybody coming from the East and you and Mrs Animal coming from the West - maybe Steve Currell from St Ives and Big Al and his missus from Royston might join up.
I don't know anywhere in Haverhill to meet up. Anybody from the East got any suggestions? Anywhere outseide Haverhill, more rural, to meet?
Simon

Simon Eassom said:
Your itinerary/route would have been ideal if we were still in Bedford, but we're travelling down to Braintree on Saturday. Simon

Bugger, missed that bit.

I'll have a look at a Map...

Simon...

Depends how far you want to travel before we meet up really...

We could go for 4-went-ways (Mildenhall) where there's a nice Burger-Bar for Breakfast if you want a long trip,
or somewhere just South of Bury-St-Eds, although I don't know any Cafes round there
Or you could go West, for a meet at the (newish) A1M services south of Biggleswade
Or we'll just meet you at Finchingfield for Elevensies

I'll leave it in your court :D

Oh...

I'm gonna take this to a new thread to (hopefully) drum up some more interest :)

Andy

It's something to do with stereotyping, webbed feet and picking carrots :D

To be fair village / town snobbery exists throughout the UK and there will always be surrounding areas doing another down.

I live in Bar Hill (Tesco village) and that gets run down a treat by the surrounding olde worlde villages but who cares - it serves my needs.

I also worked in Chatteris for five years and it just doesn't have the same kudos as working in Cambridge or London.

Anyway, you have the last laugh - the Somersham to Chatteris road - what a piece of tarmac to sort the men from the boys!

Adam

Back
Top Bottom