You ride a WHAT?

Cie

Africa Twin...

So why, I hear you ask, have I been lurking here for a month or so? Well I like the Beemers, and whislt I may not ride one, it's always good to know what other people are upto.

I live just off the bottom of Salisbury Plain, near Andover, it'd be great to meet up with some of you at some stage, until then... I'll lurk some more :)

Hello,and welcome,Cie :beerjug:

You`re now a registered user of UKGSer,so there`s no need to 'lurk'...

And you`re not the only non GS owner,so don`t worry about it. :thumb

Hi Cie,

Welcome to the site.

I have never seen an Africa Twin. I guess you can't get them on this side of the pond. From what I have read about them and seen, they look like a nice bike.

Rick

I cross your path quite a few times on the way from Somerset across to my company's HQ at M3 J4A. Salisbury Plain is a wonderful place to ride across (when it isn't raining!) Do you have knowledge of good off road routes on the plain? A bunch of us would love you to arrange a little exploration session if you do.

Have you been up to see UKGSer's Bakerman - Steve at Burbidge's Bakery in Andover. Nice pasties and easy to get there avoiding the A303 - but you probably know that right? www.burbidges.co.uk

Mike

My Hubbie rode an Africa Twin for years and had great fun on it, would never let me ride it after I passed my test, can't understnd why :confused: so I had to buy my own bike :D . He now has a GS, I ride a Trans Alp. Welcome :thumb

Thanks for making me welcome everyone.

Cheesy Mike said:
Do you have knowledge of good off road routes on the plain? A bunch of us would love you to arrange a little exploration session if you do.

Not from the biking point of view, I'm normally in something green when I'm out there, but the guys at xrv.org.uk have regular rideouts, and as I'm still in the mob I know when the ranges are active.

Shouldn't be hard to get something organised.

Back
Top Bottom