Off-road course recommendations

Warthog

Reaction score
Reliving bike trips whilst sat at my desk....
I know that the BMW off road school is the logical choice but it does seem pretty steep Are there any other courses out there that might be a bit cheaper? Ideally, I need to loan a bike as I don't think I should try my first ever off-roading on a GS!

learning the dirt

Give Ady smith a call or look up his schools on the net. Known ady for years, he's one of the best offroaders in the country and his schools are brill. He has 250ktm 4 strokes and all the proper gear so give it a go, you will love it. He runs his schools all over the country so ask him which is his nearest venue to where you live. and don't forget to tell him sycomoto sent yer.

Try the Geraint Jones Enduro school in Mid Wales if you really want to learn something :thumb

Did one around 5 years ago- £80 for a weekend with your own bike but it's tough :eek:

Mouse - seconded. For an intro Marainne's is about as affordable as you can get - and she'll chuck in a bit of basic training too. It's a great "taster" in some top scenery.

Geraint Jones enduro course is excellent too - when you have a bot more experience

Or just go for BMW off-road. It's pricey but I'm still using wot I learned there nearly 10 years ago ....

Going to see how a mate's set up is working on Saturday. All weather MX track, all weather training area, enduro course, CCM 404 hire bikes and all the gear, just outside of Chester.
Will report back after the weekend.
Mark

I recently did the Yamaha Off road experience which was a brilliant day out.
I guess it does depend on what you want. I doesn't teach you much about how to handle green lanes, over overland with your heavily loaded GS. If on the other hand you want to get some serious air under somebody else's wheels...

Back
Top Bottom