Yet another newbie....

Dale

Reaction score
Greetings all,

Have been lurking for a while, so suppose the right thing to do is officially say howzit.

Name's Dale, based in Cape Town, South Africa, riding a year old 1200GS. have been riding for about 3 years but have VERY little off road experience (which includes one rather unpleasant land-on-your-head incident). Will be doing an off road course organised by BMW in March in an effort to learn to stay upright when the tar ends :)

Cheers
Dale

Welcome,
I guess there is a lot more Off-Road and better weather to do it in over there in SA, so you should improve quickly...

Thanks.

Yup, SA is belssed with many more sunshine days each year than most other places .... I do sometime chuclke to myself when I see posts about double-glased visors, heated jackets and other foul weather gear! My most used piece of kit is a Venting suit from BM.

On the other hand, the UK blokes have access to a range of acessories that those of us in the colonies can only dream about.

Cheers
Dale

Dale said:
On the other hand, the UK blokes have access to a range of acessories that those of us in the colonies can only dream about.

And having spent all the money we're now skint and can't afford to move to South Africa. :bow

Off road riding

Well, is a 1200GS a good choice for your first efforts off road? I would love to try it ( I did a fair amount of trials many many years ago) but I have not got the courage. I am too afraid of damaging 1. my bike 2. my pride 3. myself - not sure about in which order so I'll stay on the roads for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom