Wotcha!

Septimus

Reaction score
Just a quick hello and the first of, very probably, many stupid questions.

Got meself a 04 GSA a coupla weeks ago. Been smiling ever since :D So if you see a blackun wobbling down the road giz a nod :thumb

I live in Evesham so I will try to get to the meet in Offenham soon.

Now for the stoopid question. After years of riding naked bikes I am well chuffed with the wind protection afforded by the standard Adventure screen set up. Would it be worth spending nearly a ton on a set of Tobinators? Will I really notice the difference do you think?

Look forward to chatting, & meeting a few of you, soon.

GR8 site :thumb

Hi and welcome to the site :)

Can't answer your Q I'm afraid as I've got one of the reliable :p 1200's but somebody will be along in a mo...........

Andres

Hello and welcome to the madhouse :D

re the torbinators question - personnally i would'nt, but i have the sightly larger adventure screen on my GS and i'm only 5 ft 10, but i expect you will get plently of others on here who can offer differing advice :thumb

Septimus said:
Just a quick hello and the first of, very probably, many stupid questions.

Got meself a 04 GSA a coupla weeks ago. Been smiling ever since :D So if you see a blackun wobbling down the road giz a nod :thumb

I live in Evesham so I will try to get to the meet in Offenham soon.

Now for the stoopid question. After years of riding naked bikes I am well chuffed with the wind protection afforded by the standard Adventure screen set up. Would it be worth spending nearly a ton on a set of Tobinators? Will I really notice the difference do you think?

Look forward to chatting, & meeting a few of you, soon.

GR8 site :thumb

Hi ya mate and welcome to the site of much spending!

You might also note that the West Midlands crew meet right on your doorstep, first Tuesday of every month at the Fish & Anchor, Offenham.

You must know it?

Hopefully see you there in a couple of weeks time?

Cheers

BTBR

Tobinators do make a big difference IF you're getting buffeting around the head, but if you haven't noticed it, don't bother (it'll depend on your riding position, helmet type, height etc)

I wouldn't be without mine but I'm 6 four and wear a tour-x so I was getting buffetting.

Welcome onboard BTW
;)

PS borrow a similar bike with them fitted and take it down a fast bit of road that you can then do on your own bike and compare the difference ;)

Welcome to the bretheren of much spending.
Hopfully will meet you at offenham soon.
Get there early to avoid the crush.

Alan, are you coming over on you mountain bike ?:D

As Fanum said. I'm 6' 3" and used to get a lot of buffeting at motorway speeds. Fitted the Tobs and now there's no buffeting. Those plus earplugs (I have some from Green Leopard) means that the bike is all-day comfortable.

Trouble is, you get the tobs, then you'll decide the lights need upgrading, then engine bars, panniers, sergeant seat, gps, bar risers..... It's a very expensive, well worn slippery slope!!

Welcome, BTW! :beer:

Hello Septimus,

Welcome aboard..... :beerjug:

View the other Forums for answers to any questions you may have....there`s lots of info about Tobinators,for instance....

hi and welcome

dont know if any good to you but i have the brackets of my wunderlich screen that i dont need as im only 5'7. Dont know if they fit any other screen, mines a 1150gs. if you can find out and want em, a gs t shirt and helmet sticker off here will cover it. pm me for piccy, cos i'm useless at putting them on here :D

A Mate

Septimus,

Cant PM you so will have to post here and hope you read it.

This could be a long shot but I had a friend who was in the Army with me who was from Evesham babk in 1990 called Wayne Meddings. He lived at 55 Coronation St (mmm wonder how i remembered that), dont suppose you would be able to find out if he still around?? Could be 6ft under for all i know but would love to find out.

We went through training together. Would be much appreciated.

Long Shot but thx anyway

Macca :D

Thanx Guys
I will certainly be up for a meet at the Fish & Anchor. It's that close that I might ride there on my mountain bike (Orange EVO2 :clap )

I'll prolly wait a while before thinking about adjusting the screen. Thanx for the tips. I see that this subject has been discussed once or twice before :rolleyes:

Macca. I've not lived here long,so I don't know too many peeps, but I'll certainly ask around for you.

Not sure about this PM thingy. Can't find an icon for it. Do I need to do anything special to open/allow PMs? (aha! stoopid question number 2 :thumb )

Septimus said:
Not sure about this PM thingy. Can't find an icon for it. Do I need to do anything special to open/allow PMs? (aha! stoopid question number 2 :thumb )

You need to be "Site Sponsor" before you can send PM's.

There is a link somewhere :confused:

£12 of your harded cash will bring you all this and much much more, I should be on commission really :D

Maybe see you on the 7th then?

BTBR

BTBR said:
There is a link somewhere :confused:

Left Click on the words 'Site Sponsor' (in red) below a sponsor`s username and avatar............

Hi and Welcome Septimus from another late arriver.
Can't help on your question, but as you can see someone will be able to.
Nick

welcome

Hi Septimus, :clap
glad you got a black one :bow and if you think a ton is worth it, keep your gred card handy.
The toys are endlesssssss and that's before you check the fuel reading, see nippy norms web site and order the catlg from touratec site.
Happy days a head :beerjug:
Bill :thumb

AAAAAAAARRRGGH!!! :eek:

What have I done

Have you seen the stuff that you can buy for these things? :confused:

I took a look at the Wunderlich catalogue and went ,'want one', 'want one', 'want one', 'want one'............

Hells Teeth I've got no money left after buying the damn thing anyway, so why am I torturing myself :D

Thanks for the welcomes guys :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom