The TomTom Rider works with the Starcom1 Bluetooth system

Keba

I can confirm this, as I paired mine earlier today with no problems.

Now for the couple of weeks getting the VOX setting right ;)

starcom

how much would the kit cost? may have to keep my tomtom rider now :D nick

It depends on what options you want, but bluetooth + the 'advance' system comes to around 200 if I recall correctly.

I went overboard and bought a few parts (like the 'pro fitting kit') that I didn't actually need - I'm stupid like that ;)

I'm still cabled to the bike (the helmet isn't bluetooth), but once I sort out the Rider power, at least I won't have to think about charging any batteries from then on.

thanks

checked out their website, they were a cheap option until autocom halved their prices, any deals at the show me thinks....nick

Hi Nick, I had alook at the Starcom stuff today at the bike show and was most impressed with it. IMHO I thought it was much better than Autocom. :thumb

So... ummm... :confused:

You've got a Starcom box on your bike... and the TomTom Rider...

And then you got this Bluetooth thingee hooked up to your Starcom box?

And as the TomTom Rider has got a built in Bluetooth you've now paired the Starcom box with the TomTom Rider...

So you can now hear the TomTom Rider voice prompts etc, through your Starcom thingee..?

... and if you'd have a BT helmet you'd be completely wireLESS (is more). :D

Did I get it right? What did I win?

:bounce1 :beer:

TheJoker said:
So... ummm... :confused:

You've got a Starcom box on your bike... and the TomTom Rider...

And then you got this Bluetooth thingee hooked up to your Starcom box?

And as the TomTom Rider has got a built in Bluetooth you've now paired the Starcom box with the TomTom Rider...

So you can now hear the TomTom Rider voice prompts etc, through your Starcom thingee..?

... and if you'd have a BT helmet you'd be completely wireLESS (is more). :D

Did I get it right? What did I win?

:bounce1 :beer:

You can pair the Starcom1 bluetooth module with a mobile phone or the Rider - but the output is purely through their cables to the helmet, so there is no getting away from at least one cable (the power one) just yet... You were spot on the money for everything but the BT helmet though!

I'll put up with the 'at least one cable' bit though - afterall, this way I don't have to charge anything ever. :D

Close! So close! No win for you!

Keba said:
You can pair the Starcom1 bluetooth module with a mobile phone or the Rider - but the output is purely through their cables to the helmet, so there is no getting away from at least one cable (the power one) just yet... You were spot on the money for everything but the BT helmet though!

I'll put up with the 'at least one cable' bit though - afterall, this way I don't have to charge anything ever. :D

Close! So close! No win for you!

Ooh... but I did say that if you would have a Bluetooth Helmet then you'd be completely wireless - and would have to charge your helmet. That setup is what I'd love to have - just have a charger next to where I put my helmet in the house... Then when I unplug it it would automatically turn on and when I flick the key in the bike they'd all pair up and my music would start playing, GPS would indicate that it's locked on and a beep or two from the mobile would say it's connected...

Roll on.... :)

:beer:

PS, Keba - how are you getting along with the TomTom Rider now when you've had a chance to use it more... Worth starting a new thread about that..? :bow

Back
Top Bottom