What are you looking at?

fergie

When I ask my kids this question they answer in a second "I don’t know give me a clue" Well here is a clue. I live in the Burren in the west of Ireland and last year went back to biking. The truth be known I only accumulated about 1000 miles on a bike in my youth but boy did I do it in style. Having made most of the mistakes a person can make including a month in hospital I returned to biking twenty years and three kids later. I am not going to advertise for anyone but Peter Boogie (trainer) delivered me a 650gs from Maddocks and would not let me out on the road until I could turn circles in a tight driveway (that took two hours) and gave me a swift boot in the arse to point out my blind spot on the bike. A couple of training sessions with Eddie O Shea and Ronan O Connor and I walked through the test. This year I traded up for the 1200. It is like moving from a young model to a beautiful sexy mature lady . I love my GS.
Do I get tempted to let loose OOOOH yea but Eddie has said to me that I am now the king of the road not the spoilt prince. I let pedestrians cross, I let traffic go through and only filter to within two cars at the top of the junction (well most of the time anyway) Its good to be King!
I love my wife for her strength in the face of bumbling cowards who know no better and statistics created by kids as I was who need to be shown the way. I love my kids for the blind faith in their dad to live strong, free, proud and I will repay their trust by staying between the ditches but not in an arm chair.

If you are still reading this you are a big f***** softie and if not I will buy or make you a coffee the next time you are in the west of Ireland to get an insight into your view of the world.

O yea hello to every one and thanks for having me!!!!

Hello Fergie,and welcome.... :beerjug:

'I`m not going to advertise'....followed by a couple of lines of publicity.... :D

Fergie - wonderful decision that will keep you young and free (of money that is!) Cheers :beerjug:

P.J.,
I think one got out in Galway, will you look into it quick, please?
Bins

jaber

Welcome Fergie where you ever married to a bloke called Andrew from London?

Yes i am a big fecin softie and i will take coffee wid yez when we go west at the end o May :beer:

Hi there

Welcome aboard brother hope you enjoy your stay! :clap :clap :clap

Thanks for the welcome!

Anyone going to or living near the west of ireland give me a shout. :beerjug: My wife calls it a garage, but it is obvious to any biker that it is a club house, correct me if I am wrong but the existence of a dart board and a minimum of one beer makes it officially a club house. Thanks for the welcomes :thumb

Nice post.

Don't know when I'll ever be back in the west of Ireland but if I am, I'll look you up.

Welcome Fergie :thumb

There are a few other GS's both north & south of you - they'll probably be along soon (ish) :D

If not, keep an eye on the Ireland section for details of meets & runs - like Aidan1150's Donegal run in March ;)

Back
Top Bottom