Hello Everybody

PhilM

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just traded in my Firestorm for a new 1200GS, (red, abs, heated grips, alarm). The dealer says it will be here for early March, hope it's the first as you can't beat a good pose on the first day of the new regs :D This will be my first BM as there has never been a model I was prepared to spend my hard earned on before and I had to get the desire for a sports bike (several GPz 900s & Firestorm) out of my system. I'm really excited about my new bike, which makes a change for an old fart, 45, like me as the wife says I only excited about the Moto GP on Eurosport these days.
Here's to a long fine summer (finger crossed as I stay in NE Scotland), :cool: Ride safe y'all

Welcome to the nut house, hopefully you'll manage some of the Scottish Ride Outs?? :thumb :beerjug:

Welcome

Welcome Phil, just get the GS out on some of those fantastic Scotish roads, and watch the sports bike rider's struggle to keep up!! Especialy on the twisties when ya've got a fully loaded GS! See ya up there in the summer, all the best Dusan :clap

A wise choice

You have made a very sensible choice (if anything related to motorcycling is really 'sensible) and you have the two important options - ABS and heated grips. I wonder about alarms though. Will your insurance company charge less? Here in France car alarms, bike alarms, house alarms etc; are ignored by everyone - because they are so often false alarms; A strong U-bolt is essential here for insurance purposes and on that basis I leave my bike locked up anywhere, anytime,and relax (out of earshot of an alarm;) well, within reason I suppose.

hi and welcome ,i picked up my first ever bmw last friday yellow 12gs trust me u will never want another sports bike again :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom