6000mile/annual service - what difference?

pauly

My 1150GS is coming up for a year old now so I'm going to book it in for a 6000 mile/annual service. As far as I can tell, the only extra thing done in the annual service is to change the brake fluid. However, my local dealer (SPC) has quoted me £170 for the 6000miler and £260 for the 6000mile/annual combined. An extra £90 to change the brake fluid??!!

Although the coolant change is bi-annual, some dealers include it in the annual service. Check whether or not they have. In fact, ask them straight up . . . what are the "extras" for the annual service not included in the 6,000 mile service? Then ask them how they've priced it. Ask them their hourly workshop rate.

The average BMW rates for these things are £160 for the 6,000 and £110 for the annual and £220 for combined. Some dealers are as low as £90/£70/£120 and some are a lot higher than you've been quoted.

SPC tend to come out slightly on the high side of average.

Although the coolant change is bi-annual, some dealers include it in the annual service.

Where do you have your coolant Simon ??:confused:

CC

:cool:

Simon Eassom said:
Although the coolant change is bi-annual, some dealers include it in the annual service.

Pauly starts by saying;
My 1150GS is coming up for a year old now

AHEM.
Not off the hook so easily this time mate. No excuses about tongue in cheek remarks. A simple academics cock up. :D :D :D
Tim (just checking his own spelling before hitting submit button)
Tim

You mean I've been putting coolant in my 1150 all this time and I didn't need it?

It's a fair cop! Just had Lisa's F650 serviced, so I had my water-cooled brain in gear.

:goof

Pauly,

Along with your brake fluid you will also get your gearbox oil and bevel drive oils changed, your battery level checked and the battery terminals cleaned and greased, all in all about a quids worth of oil and realistically about an hours labour.

I once paid £12 for one mushroom in garlic butter; when I complained to the waiter that somebody was taking the piss he had the cheek to tell me "It's not the quantity sir it's the presentation" it didn't change the fact that I paid £12 for a mushroom though.

:)

Back
Top Bottom