retrofitting an accessory socket.

Mick Fagan

Reaction score
Some time ago I mentioned in one of my posts about the accessory socket on my 1100GS that attaches to the frame near the Left Hand Pillion footpeg.

This socket is an extra one for the pillion to run an electric vest, hair dryer or whatever takes her fancy.

One member asked me if it was available for his 1150GS as he couldn't seem to find it through a dealer.

I have now loaded a spare parts CD onto my computer and checked out what I can.

The accessory retrofit socket is available for the R1100GS 1998 build as that's what mine is and I put that information in the search thingo.

The same part is not marked for the R1150GS January 2,000 build. That is the latest that the CD went to, so if it came after that (which I doubt) then it could be available.

Anyway getting to the gist of the matter. I've checked out my bike accessory socket. I've checked out the parts manual and it's online picture etc, and I've come to the conclusion that it more than likely will go onto the R1150GS with very little modification to the bracket.

The socket mounts to the muffler clamp on the 1100GS and as the 1150GS has a different muffler and therefore slightly different clamping system,I think that's why they didn't include it as an accessory on the 1150.

the accessory socket piggybacks wireing wise onto the original accessory socket mounted on the plastic cover, covering the starter motor.

If whoever reads this posting cares to go into their dealer and quote the 1998 build R1100GS and the "Retrofit Kit, Socket" part No. 61 13 2 316 615

Then have a good look at the picture on the computer screen and see if you can possibly fit it to your R1150GS.

Mick.

Back
Top Bottom