Dirty ridin'

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
We love to go a-wandering - but where was it?

Attachments

• IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 205
Picturesque or what?
I nearly fell down this as a kid.....

Attachments

• IMG_1051.JPG
    IMG_1051.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 202
Home sweet home, just not mine....

Attachments

• IMG_1053.JPG
    IMG_1053.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 205
Route was Aughrim, Aghavannagh, Glenmalure, Laragh, Sally Gap (corruption of Saddle Gap, b4 anyone asks!), Glencree, Enniskerry, Bray Road.
All blissfully absent on Autoroute, and the 3+ Base map - be interested to know if the Military Road is on the City Nav 7 ?
Bit wet, nice to reach dry Dublin compared to the misty wet mountains, but lovely scenery.
Not a bike was seen, except two you lads on little noisy ones.
Staggered at how many peeps were out walking the hills. Every car psark full! Good on them!

Bloody good idea, will think that over as I fly back to Riyadh.....
Gents, we live in an earthly Paradise, in case you did not know it!

Nice one, Bin :thumb

That part of the county is always good for a run, even in misty or damp conditions.

I only managed about an hour & a half on the bike yesterday - from home round to Kildangan, Vicarstown, Stradbally, Timahoe, Swan, Abbeyleix & then a quick blast up the N8/M7 to home - but it was enough to blow the cobwebs away :D

Only saw one bike, a Pan heading south through Abbeyleix. He obviously hadn't seen too many bikes either as we exchanged a big wave :D

And I won't get out on the bike next weekend as myself & Aidan hope to do a recce for the Achill weekend but I'm minding my 3 lads so it'll have to be the car :( Mind you they're small so I could possibly get them into Civil's panniers ;)

Bin Ridin said:
Route was Aughrim, Aghavannagh, Glenmalure, Laragh, Sally Gap (corruption of Saddle Gap, b4 anyone asks!), Glencree, Enniskerry, Bray Road.
All blissfully absent on Autoroute, and the 3+ Base map - be interested to know if the Military Road is on the City Nav 7 ?

Aughrim, Laragh, Glencree, Enniskerry all on City Select v7. Lots of military roads, but probably not the one you're looking for..

Wahoo, the photo rally's back... Now to figure out again how to enter thoise National Grid references into MapSource... :nenau

Select Irish Grid option

DodgyGeeSer said:
Aughrim, Laragh, Glencree, Enniskerry all on City Select v7. Lots of military roads, but probably not the one you're looking for..

Wahoo, the photo rally's back... Now to figure out again how to enter thoise National Grid references into MapSource... :nenau

Select Irish Grid option, select waypoint the enter grid references adding extra 00 t0 each of the 2 figures.
Have it done at home on the laptop, can mail u it if needs be.

Forgot to mention the bum-clencher when a deer walked out in front of me, near hari-kari or hari-krishna or whatever you call it.
So, remember, there's deer in dem that hills!

nud1e said:
Select Irish Grid option, select waypoint the enter grid references adding extra 00 t0 each of the 2 figures.
Have it done at home on the laptop, can mail u it if needs be.
Perfect, thanks Nud1e. Got 'em inputted...

Back
Top Bottom