Hello

willsuds

Hi,
just joined the site. There is a wealth of infomation available, which is great. I really want to trade up from my Varadero 1000 to a silver GS ADV. I keep an eye on all the ads and the FS/Wanted section here.

This question has probably been asked / answered previously but are there many nightmare storied about the GS ADV? My friend had a shaft drive replacement after only 3500miles of normal riding.

Thanks

High Will

willsuds said:
This question has probably been asked / answered previously but are there many nightmare storied about the GS ADV? My friend had a shaft drive replacement after only 3500miles of normal riding.

Welcome to the forum Will, you have excellent taste in desiring a silver 1150 adventure. We all agree that this is the best colour overall and also adds a good 10 mph whilst making you most desirable to the sex of your choice ( :ymca ?).

If you use the search function you will find all that you wish to know about what can go wrong with these bikes. Be warned though, people only tend to post when something has gone wrong. In general they are hardy beasts and will take everything you throw at them provided you keep the oil topped up and the service book full.

Happy tossing :dabone

Welcome to the lunatic asylum :D

There's plenty of GS's - 1100/1150/1200 - around the Dublin area so just post any questions in the Ireland section - or better yet turn up at a run or a weekend event :D

Back
Top Bottom