Useful Numbers And Services

Deleted account 220427002

Reaction score
This is a collection of retailers and bike related services for the whole of Ireland that may be of use to forum members.
Please post useful numbers in here and i'll come sort them out.

If you can give a short description of the services they provide, opening hours and phone numbers (things like if they open on Saturdays and Sundays or a late night or if a tyre fitter do they do a ride in ride out service or do you need to bring just the wheels)

Ians School of Motoring (and Bike shop)
5 Jubilee Road
Newtownards,
County Down,
Tel 02891822244
http://www.ianschoolofmotoring.co.uk/

********************************************************************************************************************

Charles Hursts Tyres

51-55, Sydenham Rd, Belfast, County Antrim BT3 9DJ
MAP
Tel: 028 9045 3393)

*********************************************************************************************************

Clarence Bell
Pro-Link Racing Services
9 Cardy Road
Greyabbey
Newtonwards
Co Down
BT22 2LS
Tel: +44 28 4278 8854 Tel 028 4278 8854

Fax: +44 28 4278 8841 Fax 028 4278 8841
Official distributor for Ohlins in Ireland
Suspension Suppliers Shock and Fork Rebuilds and Re-valves for road bikes and motocrossers. Can rebuild nearly every make of shock. Bit hard to find if you don't know were it is!!

*****************************************************************************************************************

Nice Bike Paint shop/bodywork
41 New Road Carrowdore,
028 91 863389
Bodywork welding and painting. Works in a Garage beside the house so its open when hes in!!B]

East end Motorcycles
224 Newtownards Road
Belfast
028 9073 1454 Monday/Friday 9-5.30
Sat 9-1 ish!
Fork and Yoke straightening

*******************************************************************************************************

Geoff Kernahan
224 Upper Newtownards Road,
Belfast
Monday/Friday 9-5.30
Sat 9-3 ish!
028 90471875
Good Bike Mechanic

*******************************************************************************************************

Tim Molloy has moved from near Guinness's to near Cappagh. 1.3kms north of the M50.

N53 24.351 W6 20.554

+353 1 8649054

Unit 40
Milennium Trade Park
Cappagh
Dublin 11

(How do I know this - effin battery on R100 gave up).
Odyssey PC 680 Batterys

********************************************************************************************************************

Bike Tyre Company
Unit 1B
Ossory court Ind. Est.,
24 Ossory Road,
Dublin 3.
Ireland

Phone +353 (86) 6087571

Go north up Amien St, past 5-lamps, turn right immediately you go over canal bridge, turn left beofre the railway bridge.

***********************************************************************************************************

Northern Ireland Motorcycle Hire
Rab Glendinning
One to One Motorcycle Training

Unit 256 Lisburn Enterprise Centre,
Ballinderry Road,
Lisburn BT28 2BP,

Tel 02892605074

Mob; 07895833455

************************************************************************************************************************

MOTOTECH
Motorcycle Service & Performance
QUALIFIED TECHNICIANS ~ FULLY EQUIPPED DIAGNOSTIC WORKSHOP
Reduce your BMW maintenance and servicing costs without compromising on quality
Give us a call with any questions or queries
Parts, Accessories & Tyres supplied & fittedNewly appointed TRW Lucas Service Centre
WWW.MOTO-TECH.BIZ

New workshop, dyno, accessory showroom.

16E Lower Ballinderry Road
Upper Ballinderry
County Antrim
BT28 2GT

Give us a call on 028 9265 0577 or 07713 147527

**************************************************************************************************************
I've removed
MCD motor cycle delivery from this list due to reports in this thread
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178866
It's up to yourself to make your own judgement if you wish to still use his services
But i feel his actions were not in good faith and in keeping with the standards the site sets when dealing with other members

Paintwork Pro
Motorcycle Paint Shop

One off Colour Schemes
Plastic Welding
Accident Damage Repairs (including Insurance work)
Wheel Painting
Bead Blasting
Race Replicas
On Site Paint mixing Scheme
Touch up Paint for Most Makes and Models ( can be paid by Paypal & posted out )

Paintwork Pro
63 Cloyfin Rd.
Coleraine
BT52 2NY

MAP

Contact Denver

PAINTWORKPRO@GMAIL.COM

http://paintworkpro.blogspot.com/

028 703 20248
077 4814 8897

New Tyres

If anyone in N Ireland (or beyond) needs new tyres fitted try GM tyres in Tandragee Co Amagh. I can guarantee that you will not get a better fitting service with your rims/tyres. He has all the paddock stands you will require and if you tell him Rodney sent you you may well get a discount!! Try Glen on 02838 849169.

P.S: I am only a customer and not on commission!! REALLY!!!

Smokin' Slicks

I'll throw another source for tyres into the pot for folk in and around the Belfast/Lisburn and probably beyond - Stevie "Smokin' Slicks" does a mobile tyre fitting service, where he'll come to your door, take the wheels off and fit your tyres for you. all for prices cheaper than I could find elsewhere.

I've been using him for years for both my own and my wife's bikes - he also does the Bridgestone fitting at the short circuit races etc. so many of you have probably seen him about.

Mobile No: 07803 137511.

No commission here, just a decent bloke with decent prices. (2 new Bridgestones fitted for £23 less than I could find online 'unfitted')

My tuppence worth.:type

have you any prices, area he covers,tyres he supplies?

I asked if he fits many tyres to GS's - his answer was yes, mostly tourances though, and a few Trailwings. Doesn't fit many Michelins.

As far as I know, he can get pretty much most tyres though. As a guide price, I got a Bridgesone BT020 (110/80 19) on the front and a BT021 (150/70 17) on the back for £180, fitted and balanced in my driveway.

To be honest, I can't say what area he covers, best bet is to give him a call.

Tuned

Following Stryders post I decide to give Smokin Slicks a call on Monday to sort out some new boots before the trips to Scotland and the Pyranees.

Rang him Monday made an appointment for Tuesday morning. Arrived when he said he would, let him get on with the fitting while I got on with my work so very cost effective compared to taking time off to ride to a depot. Cost of front and rear fitted to wheels on the bike rather than loose was actually less than quoted by my usual supplier.

He can supply all makes of tyres for bikes and cars, works after normal business hours if required and has full balancing equipment on board.

Highly recommended and worth adding to the list. :thumb

Recommended machine shop in Wexford.

From Here: LINK

meintjiesj said:
The guy was very helpfull and certainly knew what he was talking about.

Seems they have moved also:
The Cylinder Head Shop
Pourlmarle, Taghmon
County Wexford, Ireland
T : 00 353 53 9134090

I was up north at the weekend & went to Module Road & Race in Antrim to buy myself a Shoei Multitech (I'm sick of the System5 letting in water :mad:)

A friendly spot (I was offered a cuppa while I browsed & that's never happened before !), no pressure to buy but advice / assistance at hand & good prices on a range of gear from Lookwell to Rukka & everything in between. They also have workshop & tyre fitting facilities. Also, they're open most Sundays for a while.

Well done guys - wish there was more like youse :thumb2

NB: No connection other than 'satisfied customer' ;)

I was up north at the weekend & went to Module Road & Race in Antrim to buy myself a Shoei Multitech (I'm sick of the System5 letting in water :mad:)

A friendly spot (I was offered a cuppa while I browsed & that's never happened before !), no pressure to buy but advice / assistance at hand & good prices on a range of gear from Lookwell to Rukka & everything in between. They also have workshop & tyre fitting facilities. Also, they're open most Sundays for a while.

Well done guys - wish there was more like youse :thumb2

NB: No connection other than 'satisfied customer' ;)

Opposite of what treatment i and a few others i know got... when they were in the other place i tried to order an aftermarket Africa twin exhaust couldn't give exact price took my number promised to call at the start of the week... no call.. i phoned them 3 times to see what was happening and just give up in the end:mad:
when they moved to the place they are at now i was interested in a Joe Rocket jacket they didn't have any left in 3XL... i asked could they order it in..the guy took my number and i'm still waiting:augie

Another mate had a full set of leathers a Arai helmet already picked out and was interested in buying a Jacket he found the guy Keith so pushy that he set the lot down and walked out.
i wouldn't recommend them other than if you could find an item cheaper in stock than elsewhere.

i see others on here had the same experience

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1452487&postcount=32

Opposite of what treatment i and a few others i know got...

Hmmm, maybe I was just lucky or they've 'changed' :nenau
(I know Falcorons post is only 2 weeks ago but perhaps someone pointed out the error of their ways ;))

Hmmm, maybe I was just lucky or they've 'changed' :nenau
(I know Falcorons post is only 2 weeks ago but perhaps someone pointed out the error of their ways ;))

how much did you get the lid for then..did they do you a good deal or was it an expensive cup of tea:D

To be fair my experiences were quite a while ago now about 5 years for the exhaust and 3 years ago for the jacket but I've heard the same bad reports since including the mate leaving the stuff and walking out.

how much did you get the lid for then..did they do you a good deal or was it an expensive cup of tea:D

I didn't even bother pricing it down here but the other 2 places in the North I tried quoted me £295 & £289. Module had it at £265, including all the bits that Falcoron got except the paddock jacket :(

The reason I bought it 'in person' was that I needed to try it for size & I don't think it's fair to use shops for a fitting & then buy off the interweb ;)

Tim Molloy has moved

Tim Molloy has moved from near Guinness's to near Cappagh. 1.3kms north of the M50.

N53 24.351 W6 20.554

+353 1 8649054

Unit 40
Milennium Trade Park
Cappagh
Dublin 11

(How do I know this - effin battery on R100 gave up).

Attachments

• Molloys.gdb
    155 bytes · Views: 123
Motorcycle Collection, Delivery and Breakdown Service.

Based in Belfast Covers all of Northern Ireland, professionally equipped Transit van, 9 foot by 4 foot fold out ramp contact Ricky 07536066637

Motorcycle Delivery

I'd like to mention J & M motorcycle delivery if I may. brought 2 bikes over for me recently, one collected from Harrogate one from Margate for less than some companies were quoting me for one!

500378694_5iGSf-XL.jpg

Not only that but they arranged to have one of the bikes put through the MOT and only billed me the MOT fee plus the driver had to wait 4 hours while the banks sorted out the money transfer thing.

They are over in Belfast and Dublin twice a month.

Can't recommend them enough :clap

I've just started a new job, so if anyone requires any Trophies, awards or medals for any clubs,societies,sporting events etc etc to do with bikes or anything else, give me a shout.
We have various Crystalware and Newbridge silver gifts in stock aswell.

Patrick O'Kelly Ltd
29 Southern Cross Business Park
Boghall Road
Bray
Co Wicklow

087 285 7886

P O'Kelly

The Trophy Collection

Cawley's Closed.

Just a heads up for anyone heading out to Cawleys, Forge Hill, Cork.
I was out there last week looking for bits and bobs and the place was all closed up.
The guy in the next unit said he's been gone for a couple of months.
Don't know if he's opened up somewhere else.
I think he's subscribed to this list so maybe he can update us.
regards.

Thanks Gary

My apologies for not removing the ad myself - I forgot about it to be honest. I thought I had most people informed about the shop's closure but I was wrong :augie.

Bottom line is the business was not making enough money to stay afloat. Between rent, business loans, insurance, mechanic's wages etc etc it was not viable to continue trading. I hadn't been paid since February ffs !!.

Anyway, apologies for any inconvenience. I am no longer working in the bike industry but if anyone has any technical queries feel free to contact me by PM.

Fergus

Back
Top Bottom