TKC's Weston or Bristol?

Gas'd Off

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of some TKC's in my local ariel? Preferably Weston-Night-Mare. I have ordered some from Bristol Motorrad but they are being a bit slack and have kept me waiting too long now. Quote: 'supplier will not give us a delivery date' :confused:
:beerjug: all

If you wish to travel a bit further try PH Autos in Taunton.

P H Autos
Cornishway Wy Nth
Galmington Trdg Est
Galmington Trading Estate
Taunton TA1 5LY

Tel: 01823 288228

Really good on prices and owned and run by motorcyclists!

Just round the corner from Hein Gericke too so you can grab a cuppa in there and have a gander whilst you're waiting! :) :)

Andy

Tell 'em to feck off,there's no shortage of TK's at all
Yes, I did have my doubts Vern! Said the same last time I tried to get TKC's from them. Thought maybe workshop was busy but that aint no excuse! Strange :confused:
And, ta Andy thinks I will try PH Autos :thumb

Don't forget to let me know if they can get them and at what price!

If you want to meet up I'll introduce you to Fast Eddie's - the best cafe for miles around! Great fish and chips (the cod is so big it hangs over both edges of the plate) and breakfasts too! :thumb

Andy

Just had a pair of TK80's fitted at PH in Taunton. Got them in next day, took the bike in, they took the wheels out etc etc ( while you wait ) .... £170.

Thanks folks for the info :thumb I will try Bristol bmw once more today as it is convenient for me. If I get the same answer then I`ll be go elswhere and let Motorrad head office UK know of my experience. Taint good enough :(

Luke, Easifit on Winterstoke road have em in stock, £155 fitted to loose wheels. Don't know what their ride in ride out price is tho.

Morning all, time for a rant! :spitfire

Warning - Easifit Weston-S-Mare. BAD MEN!

Took loose wheel to them having ordered TKC's.
They fitted them then handed me a bill for £180!
This works out at £22.50 per wheel for fitting and balancing!
Having realized this was a bit steep I emailed a customer feedback note to see what they had to say:

Hi Paul,
Some customer feedback for you............
Please see here(link to another thread about tkc price) and here(link to this thread) (quote: £155 fitted to loose wheels) and tell me if that sounds right to you. Tyres(tkc80) supplied & fitted on recommendation from another forum member at your outlet in Weston last weekend to loose wheels. It seems I have been charged £22.50 per wheel to fit tyres & balance to loose wheels!(my bill came to £180) This maybe your standard cost to fit bike tyres but it feels like I have been taken for a ride and you know how good for repeat custom that is!
I hope that doesn't sound too snotty Maybe I should invest in some tyre levers if I am already going to the trouble of removing the wheels to keep costs down.
Thanks for listening, At.

NO RESPONSE!

Email again to ask if received letter

NO RESPONSE!

Read receipt confirmed.

NO RESPONSE!

Well F**k them then :spitfire . They can't even be bothered to reply and say 'tough luck matey that's what we charge'.

So South-Westeners, if you are thinking of using 'EASYFIT TYRES IN WESTON SUPER MARE' make sure you get a happy quote first.

They did do a very proffesional job though, no scratches, neatly balanced, polite fitters etc. I have no problem with their standard of work just the offensive price of fitting and the fact that they can't be arsed to reply with at least a basic explanation.

Right I feel much better now :D :beer:

Atkule,

Keep my number,and when you've shagged those out,give me a ring and I'll do another pack of three offer again.

The last two deals have worked out at £170(that's two rears and a front)so it would leave you a tenner over for a tin of beer,a couple of tyre levers and a pack of sticky plasters for your skint knuckles.

It gets my goat these rip off merchants taking the piss.

Vern 01905 612705 :beerjug:

Atkule said:
Thanks Vern, will shout ya in about 8000miles then :thumb

I think you haven't used TK's before,and I bet you a pork pie you call me before you've done 8k.

Talk soon :beerjug:

I've used Easifit quite happily on many an occassion.
I don't get my TKC80's from them however I get them from Busters, and take the loose wheels in.
They charge me between £5 and £10 for a tyre to be fitted to a loose wheel. Seems to depend who you see.

Vern said:
I think you haven't used TK's before,and I bet you a pork pie you call me before you've done 8k.

Talk soon :beerjug:

Indeed. I'm not a GS rider but I only get 3 - 4K out of a rear. Twice as much on the front.

Back
Top Bottom