Big Rock Candy Mountains

Geordietraveller

Reaction score
Just a few pics that we've taken while touring round Western Canada and the States since July.

Linky

Someday we'll organise some into a ride report!

Simon & Fiona :)

Really well done to the music :D

I've just been playing Dan Hartford's version of Big Rock Candy Mountain in the van today :thumb :thumb

NeilF said:
:clap Outstanding! :clap

How the heck did you guys co-ordinate your pictures with the music - or vice versa - I loved it. :thumb Big grins!

Cheers,

Neil.

Can I second that. A lot of thought went into it, cheers :thumb

Yeah, how do you do it?

now ive got Burl Ives 'big rock candy mountain' in my head. Atleast its gotten rid of jilted john.

Whatton said:
Can I second that. A lot of thought went into it, cheers :thumb

Yeah, how do you do it?

Cheers guy's - glad you liked it :thumb :beerjug:

I'd love to say I did it because I am an IT GOD :D - but the real answer is that I saw someone on ADVrider do something similar and couldn't see how he'd done it. Then I figured out Microsoft Movie Manager (the one you get free with Windows) is a lot more powerful than I thought. Once you learn the basics the hard part is chosing the pics and messing about getting the timing right.

Because we've taken about 5500 photos in seven months on the road :eek: , we thought it would be neat way to show some of them to people we meet without boring the pants off them :rolleyes: .
The plan is to do one for each of the Provinces / States we've been to.At the moment we're busy naming them all then we can put them into a ride report.

Looks like we're heading to Baja on Tuesday so we might see if we can start a blog so we can update where we've been - with my memory trying to remember what I had for dinner is bad enough never mind seven months ago :D

Simon & Fiona :beerjug:

:thumb Really nice way of doing it....well done!!!!

I'm sure that's Steve Chip with that horse :eek:

Look forwards to the next one....excellent :thumb

Being a win2k user and not an XP user I don't have the Microsoft Movie manager software. Is there any freeware out there that could produce the same kind of movie/slideshow?

Brilliantly done. Looking forward to the ride report.

As an aside, Whatton Nero will produce DVD from slides including music.

Wonderful. I first heard that when my Father gave me an old wax 78 record....1965?? I think.

That version was by Burl Ives.

Then it appeared briefly in an animated short by Pixar before a film called The Incredibles.

That's made my day.

Thanks

Ben

Butler said:
now ive got Burl Ives 'big rock candy mountain' in my head. Atleast its gotten rid of jilted john.

Bugg*r, now I've got Jilted John in my head! Seriously though a really entertaining and well thought out clip. Thanks for the effort.

Dave

I am now starting to panic

:eek: Thanks for the show :thumb
will be loading the bikes on a big jet plane in 2 weeks bound for Canada to do the west coast but only got 2 months so we will see just how far we can get will show mrs engine house tonigth
thanks

engine house said:
:eek: Thanks for the show :thumb
will be loading the bikes on a big jet plane in 2 weeks bound for Canada to do the west coast but only got 2 months so we will see just how far we can get will show mrs engine house tonigth
thanks

How much did it cost to get the bikes over to Canada if you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom