Greetings from Nottingham

motobiker

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Just paid the Deposit on a mint 99 11GS. (black/red seat) 15769 miles. ABS. Heated grips. Spyball alarm Full History. prev owner a BikerCop...And off to London on Tuesday 21st to pick it up.

I had a 97 model from new but it was stolen in 2001. I'm afraid i was too disheartened by that. took the money and ran. The bike never turned up.
Despite datatag, alarm. and my own postcoding efforts.

I was amazed to come across this website... when I had my last one there was Nothing... apart from in the US and the bike was comparatively rare. how times change!!

Anyway paid £4000 for the W reg... maybe over the odds?? but its exactly what I wanted. late model. low mileage. and exactly the same as my last one.
Please will someone tell me i'm not sad... which is what all my biker mates tell me.

Its the only bike for me... the fact I'm 6'5 tall has a lot to do with it though thats not the only characteristic we share in common. *laughs

I still have the sidecases for my first bike... is it a simple matter to get the locks changed to match my new bike?

Also... has anyone brought out engine guards that offer the same protection as the bmw originals.. but that dont need to be removed for oil and filter changes?

I shall read your comments with interest.

Tony

Welcome Tony, there's quite a few of us now in this neck of the woods. Lookout for some of the local meets (East mids / Peak section) and we'll see you there with the new beast..

Hepco and Becker gaurds seem to be the weapons of choice and these don't need to be removed, just loosened.

Hiya Tony

Welcome mate...I`ll bet the site was a big surprise :D .
It`s grown quite a bit over the last year too.

The new bike sounds good.....post a few pics when you`ve got it :thumb

There`s plenty of info about coding the pannier locks to the ignition key and also about different engine bars.....just try a few Forum Searches.

Hope all goes well for you.............. :beerjug:

Hello

Hi Tony
Welcome to the site and GS world!

There are quite a few of us in the Sheffield region who meet regularly for a weekend run - feel free to get in touch.

If you fancy a trip away on your new toy please have a look at my website, it'd be good to meet you.

Regards
Sherpa ;)

welcome

hi tony welcome to the club .my dad still lives in nottingham so i am a frequent visitor

Back
Top Bottom