1150 GSA Screeens

Snoek

Looking for some advise on Screens. I’m 6”2 and getting a bit sick and tired of head-slap turbulence when driving for long times at high speed. I have a 1150GSA with a standard screen and was wondering what others have done to over come this problem, I know that there are many aftermarket screens available – but are they effective or am I just wasting my money? If so which one is the best buy. Alternatively Touratech sell a spoiler which can be placed on the existing screen – Is this any good?

Like you I am 6 ft 2 and suggest you think of trying something like this.
This extra conversion took about an hour and a half but was well worth it.
3191946.s.jpg

The extra part at the top is my old bi-curve visor with the sides removed.
3191818.s.jpg

Only two holes needed to be drilled in the screen to attatch the visor.
3191947.s.jpg

This provides a much cleaner airflow for a tall guy like myself, the air over the top is no longer buffeting across my visor and the air coming from under the top of the attached deflector forms a smooth flow across my chest with very little turbulence compared to before at high speeds.
3191948.s.jpg

This mod adds almost no extra height to the screen when viewed from the riders position.
3191949.s.jpg

Even I was surprised at how well it worked.
I also asked my local accessory shop (Bassets of shelton S-O-T) if they had any of the old type flat visors still available, he brought me a box out with about 100 of them in to look through. I picked one that looked deep enough, took it home and mounted it under the botton two screen bolts, it makes a great headlamp protector, and with new headlamps costing £? it seemed a good idea.

I'm the same height and like you found the screen to be the worst part of the GS experience.

On others advice I bought the MRA Vario for 100 quid and it's probably the best alternative out there. I no longer get any buffeting (unless it's really windy) but the noise factor remains almost the same so you'll still need ear plugs.

I think the MRA better suits the GS as well IMHO and means you're not having to bolt bits on to the standard screen.

Get an MRA, you'll be chuffed with it!!

I have mine set at low/low which seems to work best for someone of my height.

Snoek said:
Looking for some advise on Screens. I’m 6”2 and getting a bit sick and tired of head-slap turbulence when driving for long times at high speed. I have a 1150GSA with a standard screen and was wondering what others have done to over come this problem, I know that there are many aftermarket screens available – but are they effective or am I just wasting my money? If so which one is the best buy. Alternatively Touratech sell a spoiler which can be placed on the existing screen – Is this any good?

Hmmm - Snoek (is this like in Snoekies a la Hout Bay?)

Anyway I have a relly greta screen from a USA company Cee Bailey
www.ceebaileys.com/bmw
They have a BIG reputation and make a great product. I have a +2 +2 Adventure type screen on a standard GS and it gives way better protection.
They will custom make exactly what you want. A good way to test height is to tape some plexi
on the top of lip till you are getting required height. Check it out.

Tobinators

Oops - no you cant as it doesn't fit the Adventure yet.

I'm looking at Adventure compatibility now...

Back
Top Bottom