Tour of Flanders 2nd April

Clive795

Reaction score
I know there are some cyclists on the board so is anyone going to be in Belgium on Sunday 2nd April for the Tour of Flanders?

I will be in Louvain on Saturday night with a cousin, then early Sunday morning down towards Brakel for the race.

For the last four years I have been in a car (I have always ridden the Saturday cyclo-sportive event in the past) and we normally get to see the race about four or five times,and then in the square at Geraadsbergen watching the finish on the big TV screen.

I have the option of joining friends in cars again this year but as I will be over on the GS I thought I would see if anyone else was likely to be about.

Clive

Clive I am going to Luxembourg from Essex on the GS over the weekend of 1st/2nd of April, and passing through Belguim. I am flexible on whether I go on the Saturday or Sunday.

ktm520,
I am going over (Tunnnel) at around 1000 Friday, riding to the German border with some friends then leaving them to return to Louvain.

Would you want to chase around the lanes for the cycle race ? You are looking at the whole of Sunday - if you are not a cycle fan I am not sure how much you would enjoy it.

Basically you find a spot on a cobbled climb, watch the race come past, run along with the rest of Belgium back to your vehicle and try to find the fastest route to the next part of the course, bearing in mind that everyone else is doing the same - then do it all again!, and again!

Give it some thought and let me know.

Clive

good luck - take your winter woolies with you. They are forecasting snow this week :eek: keep the weather in view www.meteo.be temperatures as low as -10c !!!!

Clive795 said:
ktm520,
I am going over (Tunnnel) at around 1000 Friday, riding to the German border with some friends then leaving them to return to Louvain.

Would you want to chase around the lanes for the cycle race ? You are looking at the whole of Sunday - if you are not a cycle fan I am not sure how much you would enjoy it.

Basically you find a spot on a cobbled climb, watch the race come past, run along with the rest of Belgium back to your vehicle and try to find the fastest route to the next part of the course, bearing in mind that everyone else is doing the same - then do it all again!, and again!

Give it some thought and let me know.

Clive

Woo hoo :mmmm you've really sold it to me.

I think I'll stick to my original plan and do the whole trip on Sunday

thanks

Dave

YOO

Keep in mind that you're not the only one trying to get as fast as possible from one sight to the next one.

Some told me that it's beocming to dangerous to do it on a motorcycle, idiots trying to get passed you at speed in exces of 100Mph, and when it comes to car against bike, you're gonna lose for shure :eek
Besides, the only way to get from one point to the next is accros Flanders fields, via smal roads, used by local farmers, so I'd be considdering havin' a look at a few points, but don't join the ratrace, it's just to bleeping dangerous :eek:

Grtz, Philip!

Keep in mind that you're not the only one trying to get as fast as possible from one sight to the next one.

I have done it for the last four or five years in a car and you are right Phluppe it is getting more dangerous! There was a split in the race last year and I found myself in a crowd of people, running down a road, with half a dozen team cars behind who were not happy that we were in front of them. :eek: :eek: :eek:

but don't join the ratrace, it's just to bleeping dangerous

Again you are right Phluppe I might just find a good spot on the Mur de Grammont and then go down to watch it on the big screen.

Clive

Back
Top Bottom