cooperman

cooperman

hi. another new gser on the block. Just ebayed a fab 1150 an rarin to hit the road. I've progressed from being a born-again on a Honda deauville and decided it was time to step up a gear into the gs arena. Looking to tour europe this summer with a couple of mates who did southern ireland with me last year. We had a great time apart from the weather and the roads. It peed it down every day and the roads carried more potholes and grit than the road of bones, however the guiness and craic made up for it in the evenings! I'm looking to sell the deauville ['99, good condition, less than 10,000miles] so if anyone knows of someone looking for a bargain please put them in my direction! I would also welcome some advice on where to go in europe. We've roughly planned 6/7 days starting in Rotterdam, through Belgium, down the black forest, back through France seeing the WWII graveyards/battlefields and finishing with our last night in Bruges before ferrrying back from Zebbrugge to Hull. Maps, places to stay and any advice would be most welcome. Thanks for reading.... Cooperman

Congratulations!

For ditching the deauville :clap and the purchase of your Gs :thumb What year is it and have you got it yet?

Clive not Civey

Good man (you know it makes sense ;) )

Some possible ideas for your trip on the link to my blog (click on the link below and start at the July 2005 entry).

Have fun and don't forget to post a trip report when you've done it. :thumb

Hello Cooperman,and welcome :thumb

It would be an interesting experience to re-do the Ireland trip on your new GS and FEEL the comparison.... :D

Hope you enjoy GSing :beerjug:

I thought there was already a Cooperman :nenau

He emigrated??

Are you an imposter? :D

Welcome aboard Cooperman :thumb

Try a search on 'WWII' and associated keywords....there have been some excellent trips and ride reports here on the area that you're talking about that may give you lots of ideas for routes etc.......Try MikeP in the search as well....he did an excellent job on a write up of what sounded like a cracking and very personal trip to the area.

PS if you sponsor up, you can sell the dullville here.....jsut check the sponsor link at the top of the page and you'll have access to the FS&W section ;)

Hi Clive.
Thanks for response. I've bought a mint 2002 R1150gs with 15000 on the clock. Extras are ABS, heated grips [arent they brill] and panniers. Started to add on already with blind spot mirrors!
Cheers
Mike [Cooperman]

Novice said:

He emigrated??

Hi Novice....There's only one Cooperman on the list......and that's me so don't know what happened to your old buddy!

Fanum said:
Welcome aboard Cooperman :thumb

Try a search on 'WWII' and associated keywords....there have been some excellent trips and ride reports here on the area that you're talking about that may give you lots of ideas for routes etc.......Try MikeP in the search as well....he did an excellent job on a write up of what sounded like a cracking and very personal trip to the area.

PS if you sponsor up, you can sell the dullville here.....jsut check the sponsor link at the top of the page and you'll have access to the FS&W section ;)
Hi fanum......thanks for info, will get checking and report back.

Quality

Nice one Mike :thumb sounds like youv'e got yourself a goodone with all the essential bits, 15,000 miles not even been tickled yet.
Heated grips this is the first bike i've ever had them on and yes they are the bis :bounce1

Clive not Civey 05 Adv 1150 of course :D :D :D

Black Forest roads are sensational riding. Vosges Mountains (just across the Rhine in France) aren't too shabby either. Through in some routes across the Ardennes, and that's one hell of a trip you have to look forward to.

Enjoy the GS.

Robin.

Welcome

Welcome Cooperman.........Sure you used to be on TV a few years back...

Russ Abbott Show.....Still wearing your balaclava :D

Macca :beer:

Thanks fellas. Will get back to you eurotour veterans nearer the time to see if you have any suggestions on our chosen route to the land of the sausage.

Novice said:

He emigrated??

Not only emigrated but changed his name too, have a search for Bødkerman

The best bike to tour Ireland by far, I did it last summer with my R1200GS and a buddy on his 1150Adv. The new roads are perfectly smooth courtesy of EU cash, the old roads vary from average to diabolical. The GS takes them all in its stride. I can't think of a better tool for the job. My avatar picture is me on Slea Head drive (Dingle Peninsula) with the Great Blasket island in the background, make sure you visit the area it is stunningly beautiful and proper GS country (you'll know what I mean when you get there, and be glad you are on your GS when you do !!).

Enjoy the craic, and the GS. :thumb

Pukmeister said:
The best bike to tour Ireland by far, I did it last summer with my R1200GS and a buddy on his 1150Adv. The new roads are perfectly smooth courtesy of EU cash, the old roads vary from average to diabolical. The GS takes them all in its stride. I can't think of a better tool for the job. My avatar picture is me on Slea Head drive (Dingle Peninsula) with the Great Blasket island in the background, make sure you visit the area it is stunningly beautiful and proper GS country (you'll know what I mean when you get there, and be glad you are on your GS when you do !!).

Enjoy the craic, and the GS. :thumb
I'm sure the gs would have handled the old roads better than the deauville but it still wouldnt have stopped the rain pouring down every day! I have an almost identicle pis to yours on the dingle and even managed to get it taken in the only 5 minutes it wasn't raining.

Looking to tour europe this summer with a couple of mates who did southern ireland with me last year. We had a great time apart from the weather and the roads. It peed it down every day and the roads carried more potholes and grit than the road of bones, however the guiness and craic made up for it in the evenings!

coop come back over here now youve got a bike that can do potholes :D while ur at it head up north as well :thumb
enjoy your moto :beer:

Back
Top Bottom